Chapter 78

~ Jenna's POV ~

When we drove through the gates to Mars ... our house we saw Alaina and Whitney standing on the driveway holding each other close. Hailie had called them a few days ago telling them I was alright but she had left out the information about the baby. That was for us to tell them. I was so nervous getting out of the car I almost tripped over but Alaina ran to me and caught me in the last minute. We ended up in a hard hug and I could hear her sob softly by my ear.

"Hey, no more tears" I said to her and looked up at her stroking her cheek. "I'm back to stay this time".

She nodded and dried her eyes with the back of her hand and smiled abashed at me as I smiled back and hugged her again.

Marshall carried our bags to the bedroom while the girls and I walked in the front door. I did as I always do when coming back to this house, stopping in the foyer and looking up at the ceiling high up there taking in the atmosphere of a home. Our home.

We ended up in the living room where Marshall and I told Alaina and Whitney about their new sibling arriving sometime in September. Whitney was the one who was most shocked because she hadn't heard of the pregnancy as the others who were here when I was gone. After letting it sink in she smiled brightly at us and said congratulations.

"This is fantastic news Unc" Alaina said and wiped away some tears again. "I'm sorry for being so mushy but I'm really happy for you both. You are so worth your happy ending in this" she smiled and hugged us.

"I don't know about you but I'm starving" Whit said and ran out to the kitchen for the menus and when she came back she dumped the whole pack in my lap. "You and the baby can pick first. What are you cravings?"

"Oh, I don't know" said and looked down at the menus with pictures of all kind of different dishes. "I don't know if I can chose ..." I shrugged and looked up at the others who all smiled at me.

"Okay, I'll start" Marshall said and took the folders of my lap. "Let's see" he started to browse through them as the girls all rolled their eyes and sighed loudly at him.

"You always take tacos, dad" Hailie said and dropped back on the couch like a diva waiting for her turn to choose food.

"Do I?" he smiled at her and threw the menus over the table to the girls who all started to pick their dishes.

We had a wonderful dinner and the kitchen was full with laughter and joy. I ate too much making me feel all plump and sleepy and as we moved in to the living room again I sat beside Marshall and lean my head on his shoulder. The girls and their dad and uncle made small talk and I took a rest letting my mind fade out.

When I came to again the girls were about to go. We accompanied them to the foyer and we said out goodbyes and told them to drive safe. Hailie drove Whit home as usual and I thanked my lucky star that Kim wasn't showing up to get her. As we saw the tail lights of their cars disappear in the dark Marshall turned to me and kissed me softly.

"Tired baby girl?" he asked and I shook my head at him. "Want to take a shower?" he took my hand and closed the door behind us.

"That would be awesome" I yawned and walked beside him upstairs to the bedroom. "I'm just going to take some clothes from my wardrobe" I said and turned to go into the guestroom.

"Come here, baby girl" he said and reached down and picked me up carrying me into the master bedroom walk in closet. He put me down on my feet in front of a shelf and I could see my clothes in there.

"But ..?" I said and looked up at him and frowned.

"I had all your things moved in here. You own this house as much as I do and I couldn't let you stay in the guest room any longer" he smiled and kissed me softly.