Chapter 95

~ Jenna's POV ~

Chrissy, Emily, Cynthia, Hailie and Alaina were with me this afternoon. We went through the last things about the wedding and at the same time had a little bachelorette party with all my favorite food and candy. Marshall leaved a couple of hours ago and I missed him like crazy already.

"Oh come on Jenna" Hailie said and hugged me "There's just for a couple of hours" she cupped my face and gave me a little kiss on my nose. "You just have to bare with us tonight". 

I smiled at her and nodded just as the doorbell rang. We looked surprised at each other, neither the ceremony nor the party afterwards were going to be held here at home and with that no deliveries were to come here.

"I'll check it out, just a minute" I said and walked over the new foyer floor and opened the front door. "What the f ..." I said and then my instinct got a grip at my brain and I rushed back into the kitchen like a tornado.

My breathing increased to the same speed as my heart was hammering in my chest. I could hear every beat in my ears and it blocked out everything else. I hunched down behind the breakfast counter and my body was staring to shake uncontrollably. 

"Jenna!?" I looked over at Chrissy and she stared at me in terror before she ran over to me and sat down beside me grabbing my face. "What is going on? Sweetie talk to me" she yelled.

"The door ... lock the door" was all I could say in this moment and I could see Hailie on the phone with someone. "Guards ... call" I said and she nodded already before I was done talking.

I shut my eyes and felt Chrissy's arms around me cocooning me and I felt safe. No one couldn't hurt my baby now.

"Hello?" I heard a recognizable voice say from the kitchen door companied by a little knock.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" Hailie said and walked towards Kim who was standing in the doorway.

Now everybody in the room understood why I was scared to death and by a wink of an eye they arranged themselves like a wall between me and her. I grabbed Chrissy harder and let out a little cry that sounded as a wounded kitten.

"Don't let her get to me please Chrissy, don't let her get me" I whispered and the woman I grabbed as hard that I could shook her head at me.

"I would never" she said and then she called for Cynthia to come to me. "Here, hold Jenna, I'll deal with this" she said to the elderly woman.

"No no don't go, she'll kill you" I tried but Chrissy stood up and stared to go towards Kim who still was standing with her back against the doorframe. 

"Kim, I presume? I'm Jenna's sister-in-law, what can I do for you?" she said with an ice cold voice to the uninvited woman.

"I ... I just ... I need to talk to Jenna" she stuttered and I shook my head frenetically behind the counter. "I want to ... apologize to her and wish her all the best tomorrow" Kim said and I stared Cynthia in the eyes.

"It's a trick Cyn, don't let her" I whispered and Cynthia stroked my back and told me to breathe slowly.

"Mom, this isn't a good time. Dad will kill you when he gets to hear about this" Hailie said and Alaina nodded at her words.

"Aunt Kim, shall we go outside to talk about this? She motioned her aunt towards the door but Kim remained still.

"Jenna, I know you can hear me" she raised her voice just a notch and I closed my eyes at what to come. "I know I've been an ass to you and I'm sorry for that. I've been under the ice for a while and I let it out on you" she continued and I listened to her. "I don't know if you care but the last months I've been doing a lot better and I had counseling sessions at the rehab" she sounded really sorry.