Chapter 88

~ Jenna's POV ~

"A prenup? I'm not sure what that is" I said and peered at him. "But if it is something Paul and the lawyers think you need then you shall have it".

He closed his eyes and sighed again and I felt a bit stupid not knowing what a prenup was. I think I need to Google that to really understand his point in this.

"Want to tell me what it is or shall I search for it online?" I asked him and stroked his cheek to calm his anxiety.

"Baby girl it's about your worst subject. Money" he said and I felt as if I had swallowed a stone.

I couldn't move. What about money? What is a prenup anyway and what does it have to do with us?

"I think I need to hear more about this" I whispered and I could feel tears build in my eyes as I turned away from him and put my hands flat on the cold marble counter.

"Okay, listen baby girl and remember that it's not me who insists to write one okay" he stroked my stiff back and put one hand over mine. "A prenup is a fucking piece of paper that says who of us that gets our money if we divorce" he explained and I inhaled sharply.

"Divorce?" I said in horror and put a hand over my throat, I couldn't breathe and my head started to spin.

"Calm down baby and breathe" he said but I couldn't stop my tears from falling now.

"A divorce?" I whispered and looked over at him.

"See I told you!" he stood up and started to pace the kitchen floor rubbing his head with his hands. "I knew I shouldn't had said something".

"Yes you should. I'm sorry, continue and tell me about this ... prenup" I spit the last word in disgust. "I need to know what Paul thinks".

"The prenup is to protect me and my money. If we should divorce, which we won't" he emphasized the last words "You'll get half of my money, houses and shit. I prolly even think you can get half of my future incomes too". He was really worked up now.

"But why? They aren't mine?" I said as I shook my head and tried to understand this weird law.

"That's just the way it is" he said softly and came over to me and cupped my tear wet cheeks.

"I wouldn't accept it" I said and he kissed me softly. "I have never been after your money please tell me you know that" I whispered against his lips.

"I know baby girl I know" he whispered back. "That's why there will be no prenup. If you want a divorce later, you can have it all. The money and all the other shit would be worth nothing if you don't want me no more" he said and I let my lips touch his really softly before I took a deep breath and swallowed.

"You said if I wanted to leave you. That will never happen, but what if you want to leave me? What about you have another meet and greet and you meet another ..." I swallowed hard, I couldn't go on it hurt to much.

Marshall closed his eyes and put his fore head against mine. I could see his jaws press together.

"Jenna you know that won't happen but if you are unsure of this ..." he sighed and I knew he misunderstood.

"No I'm not getting cold feet about the wedding but you ... anything can happen. You have thousands and thousands women after you who'll do anything to ..." he started to shake his head against mine and he kept his eyes shut but now his face was turned into a painful mask.

His hands were digging into my neck and it started to feel a bit painful but I couldn't do anything. I've hurt him so bad with my words and I wanted to do anything to take away his pain.