Chapter 82

~ Jenna's POV ~

As long as we were inside the hospitals safe walls we hadn't much idea of exactly how big the news of the car in the house were. Now Paul were here to pick us up and he had ordered in extra guards to accompany us out. We had to be evacuated from our house as the rebuilding had started and we were going to stay in Dr. Dre's penthouse in a building near the Waterfront area in Detroit.

"Okay, how do you want this to go down, Em?" Paul said as we sat down to discuss the plans with Sam and Tom who were the heads of this operation.

"Just take us safe to the building" Marshall said and held my hand, clearly uncomfortable with the whole situation.

"Same car?" Tom asked and nodded at me.

Marshall looked over at me and I did my best not to show my fear of not being by his side.

"No, not the same car. Jenna don't need the cameras up her ass" he said and turned away from me.

I felt like someone just pushed a dagger down my throat and I had to concentrate on my breathing not to fall over.

"Ya okay, lil' one?" Sam said and everyone looked at me as I tried to act calm as I nodded at him.

"Baby girl, speak to me" Marshall whispered and I shook my head at him and tried to smile. "Excuse us for a sec" he said and looked up at the others who almost immediately cleared the room. "Talk to me sweet thing" he pleaded and I bowed my head of embarrassment.

"It's nothing" I said and he pulled my head up with a finger under my chin so we came eye to eye.

"I thought we agreed on the honesty thing between us?" he said and I closed my eyes and nodded almost imperceptibly to him.

"I thought that I lost you the other day. I'm not comfortable with you going in another car" I whispered and he kissed my lips softly.

"Jenna baby, I don't want you exposed in the media" he tried and I opened my eyes and looked straight into his.

"You told me to be honest. I was. Now I need you to listen to me" I said and he sighed as he leaned forward to put his elbows on his knees rubbing his head with his hands. "Are you ashamed of me?"

"Jenna ..." he said and I awaited what he was going to say. "The paparazzi are merciless out there, they do whatever to get a pic of us together which they can sell for the highest price later" he tried.

"I don't care. They are gonna get pics of us later on anyway, when I be your wife" I whisper and my voice cracked a little, making him stretch out, grab me and take me in his lap.

"Baby girl, we do as you say. Just don't cry. And I can never ever be ashamed of something as perfect as you" he whispered and cupped my face with his hands kissing me softly again.

"You know you can't always let me have it my way just because I cry" I smiled at him a little. "But this time you are doing the right thing" I said and kissed him back.

"You have me around your little finger, you enchantress" he chuckled and called the others back into the room.

"Okay guys, same car" he said and I could see the others grin against each other and nod as they held out money, small bills and gave it to Sam. "What in the actual fuck" Marshall said and the others laughed.

"Sam won" Paul said. "He were the only one betting that whatever the little Missis wanted you'd give in. We told him you were still an ass but he betted on you anyway".

"She's made you soft, Em. But I for one knows exactly how it feels" Sam said and I could hear Marshall growl at him from deep inside.

"Just plan the fucking trip" he said and I smiled at him as I saw that he wasn't pissed for real, just a bit smitten.