Chapter 62

~ Jenna's POV ~

We were on the jet on our way to California for Dr Dre's New Year's Eve party we've been invited to. I was almost freaking out even though the party wasn't until tomorrow, but meeting Marshall's friends and colleagues wasn't something I was keen to do. But I was his fiancée now and meeting up with these people was going to happen sometime anyway so why not now, as he said as he tried to get me to relax when the invitation came in the mail.

Hailie and Alaina had been taking me shopping and they stood on stand-by tomorrow to answer any clothes related question I might have because they've insisted me to bring three gowns to California just to be sure. New lingerie and shoes was apparently something that had to be bought with every new dress and it all made me want to throw up as I saw the price tags. I tried to convince Hailie that I already had dresses and shoes but she wasn't hearing me.

"But all these money ..." I tried but she just waved to me to follow Alaina out of the store when she was going to the cashier. "Alaina you see that this is madness, don't you?" I said and Alaina just stroked my cheek and smiled at me.

"When my dad fights off the other men who's gonna cling to you at Dre's party, then you'll thank us" she winked her eye at me as I stared at her in horror.

"Fight? He's not going to fight anyone you're kidding huh?" I asked her and she just giggled at me and patted my shoulder.

"If they are hitting on you Jenna, he sure is gonna use his fists to get them off you" she laughed out loud now and as Hailie came up to us and wondered what went on I felt sick to my stomach of worry.

                                     ***

Marshall held my hand as we went into the foyer in the very fancy hotel we're staying at during these days here. I could see some heads turning when they saw us and I thought that I'm never going to get used to this staring and whispering. We had been out a couple of times in Detroit and people there was more laid back about Marshall and the whole Eminem thing. Here there was even some paparazzi's taking snap shot.

"Just walk on by and keep your head low" Marshall said to me with clenched teeth as he put his Kangol cap on and his hoodie up.

I did as he instructed and we were finally in the elevator up to our suite at the top floor. As we went in the door I took a peek around and the room was grand and reminded me of our time in London. I smiled a bit and I could see Marshall frowning at me from across the room.

"What's up baby girl?" he said and I told him about my memories. "Oh yeah, I wanted to fuck you so bad then" he said and chuckled as he came over to me and gave me a kiss. "But then again, I always wanna fuck you real bad".

"I know, I wanted it too but I didn't even know you back then" I held him around his waist and smiled even wider to him.

"I fell for you so hard that weekend" he nuzzled my hair and I closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling of him so close to me, body and soul.

"I fell for you too, but I didn't understand it then" I whispered and he hugged me tighter.

"And now we're engaged. I can't even describe how much you mean to me, baby girl" he said and lifted my head with a hand under my chin and gave me a soft and kiss filled with reverence.

***

Marshall had left me in the bedroom to get changed before we were heading out to Dr. Dre's party. I didn't need Hailie's help because Marshall had already chosen which dress he liked the most and put it out on the bed. I was glad he did because I had never been ready in time if I had to choose myself. Now I was showered and my hair was dried and curled, my commonly makeup done and my new lingerie was on. I pulled the silver shining dress on and put my high heels on. I looked in the mirror and felt beautiful although my belly was in a hard knot of nervousness before the night.