Chapter 42

~ Jenna's POV ~

I'm leaving in two weeks. This time I've had with Marshall has been a crazy ride but we have done so many fantastic things together. But soon it's time to go back to my normal boring life. I'm going back to work and so does Marshall. I don't know how things is going to work out between us when we're half way around the globe.

Tonight we're doing a 'meet the girls part two' and we're hoping this time will be more successful. I'm kind of nervous but I'm more at ease than the first time, now I've got Hailie on my side. At least I think so. Marshall told me Whit was really sorry for being a pain in the ass last time.

Well we'll see how this go, maybe they see right through your skunk ass facade, bitch.

The awful voice in my head comes not as often now days but it's still there, especially when I feel unsure about myself. I hated that voice and I hated that it made me even more insecure.

We were doing the food-thing they use to do when they meet up. Order a meal each or two and then everybody's eating from everything. I didn't know what I wanted so I think I'll just go for pizza or something. Maybe they'll think I'm boring for taking a simple dish like that.

"Can you stop the over analysis please Jenna before your brain catch fire" Marshall hugged me and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I'm sorry but it's so hard to act as nothing happened last time. What if she just tries to be nice for you to be happy but in her heart she despises me?" I whispered and he gave me a dozen pecks on my lips for an answer to forget about my doubts.

"I love you so much and she's gonna do the same" he kissed my neck and I shudder at his touch. "They're here" he took my hand and lead me to the foyer and opened the door.

First in this time was Alaina who hugged first her dad and then me.

"Good to see you again, Jenna" she said and I replied that it was great to see her again too.

Then came Hailie. She went straight up to me and hugged me a long time and I thanked her for all the great clothes she had picked out last time.

"Yeah, no problem, dad ya liked the dresses huh?" she went over to Marshall and hugged him too.

"Yeah they are great" he said and smiled at her.

"And that little bikini, did she bring that to Hawaii?" she giggled and I turned crimson on the second.

"Uhm, yeah ... yeah she did" he answered, not knowing where to look, pink cheeks too.

Hailie laughed and the awkward silence between Marshall and me soon loosened up. He looked out the door and then turned to the daughters with a puzzled face.

"Where's Whit" he asked and all I could think of was that she changed her mind about seeing me.

Another car came up the drive way as Hailie answered her dad.

"She's coming now. Mom said she'll drive her".

Holy mother of Jesus, Kim's coming here? Now? Like today? Oh I wasn't ready for this.

I started to fidget with my fingers and Marshall rolled his eyes at the fact that Kim rather drove Whit herself as an excuse to meet Jenna than let Hailie pick her up as she used too.

"Oh Marshall, I don't know if I can do this" I whispered and started to back away from the door until someone grabbed my shoulders from the back.

It was Hailie that lead me forwards again and whispered in my ear that she's going to be there for me the whole time and that I wasn't going to worry about anything.