Chapter 29

~ Jenna's POV ~

I fell asleep after our ... I don't even know what to call it. Sex? It was sex, right? Not like sex sex but still...

Somewhere far far away I heard the shower and after that I could feel Marshall's arms around me. I snuggled up to him and after that I was far away in dreamland.

When I woke up next morning he was gone. Maybe it all was just a lovely dream. A hot and sweet dream. I moved and could feel a weird feeling between my legs. Like if I was sore or something. Definitely not a dream, huh.

Before I hit the shower I saw Marshalls joggers and boxers in the laundry hamper and I smiled. Nope no dream.

I found him in the kitchen making breakfast. He smiled and I walked straight into his open arms and kissed him. He held me at arm's length and studied my face carefully. I had a hard time to meet his gaze but I smiled shyly and looked up at him under my lashes after a while.

"There's my baby girl" he said and hugged me and chuckled. "are ya alright?"

"Yes I am alright" I whispered into his chest. "Thanks for asking".

He continued to chuckle and shook his head at me. I helped him to set the table and then we sat down.

"So baby girl, my girls" he said. "It's Monday, ya know and we use to see each other sometime during the weekend. If everyone's in town, that is and Laney couldn't make it yesterday."

I chewed my piece of bacon really thorough and looked down at my plate. There was no place for me here if I didn't want to meet them. I had to leave or face my fears.

I nodded at my decision and looked up at him.

"Okay I do it" I whispered and closed my eyes.

"Hey, you don't have to sound as it is the electric chair you're gonna meet, baby" he smiled widely and I felt a rising anxiety over my chest.

"I'm sorry" I stared down in my plate again. I couldn't get another piece down even if I tried.

"My sensitive beautiful baby girl" he said and came around the counter and sat down beside me. "Tell me, what scares you the most with meeting my daughters?" He took my hand and kissed my palm.

I didn't want to say anything about his girls that would hurt him.

"Again Jenna, I'm not a mind reader you need to use words". He moved closer to me and kissed me under my ear.

"Maybe they don't like me?" I said quietly and closed my eyes and tried to swallow the big lump in my throat.

"What is it not to like? You're fantastic and they will notice that, I promise ya" he smiled. "What else?"

"Maybe they compare me to their mother" I looked at him quickly and then down again.

"Why would they? You're nothing like her and believe me, that's a good thing" he kissed my knuckles. "What else?"

"Maybe they'll tell their mother" I whispered.

"Jenna, Kim is the mother of my children and due to that she'll always be in my life. We're friends now and I think she would love to meet you one day too".

I stared at him as if I had seen a ghost shaking my head. He smiled at me and asked if there was something else that bothered me.

"I've seen them online and they are all so ... pretty ... and they dress really well and Hailie's make up ... flawless. I know nothing about these things" I shrugged at him and he lifted my face to him with a finger under my chin.