Chapter 75

~ Jenna's POV ~

The two doctor's the nurse had told us about came in and with them some kind of machine who could look through my belly in to the little thing inside. Marshall told them that there would not be any abortion but that we really would like to see that everything was okay in there and that the baby was all right.

The baby. My heart did a somersault every time Marshall said the word and I could not yet figure out if it was of joy or fear. Probably both. And a large bucket of nervousness too. But everything seemed so much brighter now when he was here and I was confident that he would lead me through this pregnancy and motherhood business with a strong and secured hand.

"Well then Miss Mathewson let's see if we can locate something in there" one of the doctors said as Marshall sat down beside the bed and took my hand nervously looking at the screen on the machine. "I'll just put some of this on and it may feel a bit cold at first" he continued and held a bottle of something who looked as slime up in front of me.

I nodded and soon felt that the slime was not a little cold as he had said, it was as he tried to freeze the little thing from the outside. I jerked and Marshall gave the doctor a glare but I shook my head a little at him to tell him I was okay.

"Now let's see" the doctor said and suddenly we could see some gray and black pictures at the screen but it was impossible to figure it out what it was. "If you take a look right here" he said and pointed at a little oval thing at the left "you'll see the embryo that soon will develop to your little baby".

Marshall and I stared first at the screen then at the doctor and then at each other. I gave him a little smile and he took my hand to his lips and kissed it softly as I could see tears building in his eyes.

"By the judge of it this embryo's size it has to been conceived somewhere around ... new year's" the doctor said and my eyes, who had looked at the screen again shot back to Marshall's and by the look of it he was thinking of the same as I did.

New Year's Eve at Andre's house. When we hardly could keep our hands off each other and the urge to make love was impossible to resist.

The doctors informed us that all looked well and that my vitals looked good and by that it was not a problem for me to be released from their care. One of them made me promise to eat well, drink a lot of fluids and make an appointment at an antenatal clinic where I lived for regular check-ups. Both Marshall and I nodded at them and said thanks when they left the room.

"Jenna" Marshall looked me straight in the eyes as he kissed my hand again.

"Yes?" I answered him as in a daze from all the information we had been served the last ten minutes.

"Do you believe in faith?" he was completely serious and I nodded at him as my answer, none of us would be here if there were no thing called faith. "Do you think that our bodies knew that we could make a baby that evening? I mean if that was the reason ..." his voice faded.

"The reason to the sudden urge to be as close to you as I cold?" I filled in what I think he was about to say.

"Yeah, I mean maybe there was some animalistic draw between us for you and me to be connected forever" he sat up on the bed side to come closer  to me and leaned over so we were head to head.

"I believe in that theory" I said and he frowned and nodded at me as we just let the fact sink in.

"Fucking amazing, huh?" he smiled a little and I mirrored him and nodded.

"Did you see that little thing in there?" I smiled wider and put a hand over my belly. "It's going to be a hell of a ride but the baby is going to be beautiful, don't you think?" I said and now it was his turn to nod franticly.