Chapter 58

~ Jenna's POV ~

Christmas eve. This strange but wonderful evening when all seems possible and the air is filled with expectations, joy and love. I felt a bit out of place but Marshall and his girls did everything to make me feel as a part of their family and their traditions.

All the gifts were stacked under the tree and even the one from Sweden got here in time. It was wonderful, Bernard had surely done a great job and I hope Marshall likes it too.

We shopped for the girls the other day too. I didn't know that stores could be closed for customers so we could shop alone without fans and paparazzi's, but they did. If you were the Rap God anything was possible. And of course if you had a PA as good as Nancy. Marshall had the most vivid imagination as he thought of their gifts, he'd done this before that was obvious.

Now we sat and made strings out of popcorn and thread, I had no idea why, but I just followed orders. We had done a lot of food again and I've added some Swedish traditional Christmas dishes like meatballs, ham and ribs.

"Dad, don't eat the popcorn" Whitney complained and her dad smiled at her and took a whole hand full and showed it in his mouth. "Jenna, tell him to stop, he listens to you" she said and pouted so cute I couldn't resist to giggle at them both.

Marshall leaned over and tried to kiss me with his mouth still full of popcorn and I tried to get away as I pushed him but nothing helped. He chewed and swallowed.

"Just get it fairy girl, I am stronger than you" he said and kissed me again.

"Consent dad. Have you ever heard of it? Whitney said and shook her head as I kissed him back. "I don't know how you can stand him acting like a child" she said to me and I nodded at her as I tried not to smile at her. "Don't laugh at me" she said and tried twice as hard not to smile back.

"No Whit, for real. You are right consent is the shit. Really" Marshall said and acted serious. "But Jenna has already given me the consent to act like a five-year old, so we're cool" he said and laid his arm around my shoulder and forced me to kiss him, all for laughs.

"God, you're annoying when you're in love" she said and I felt the butterflies in my belly flutter with all they had.

I smiled at her and then at Marshall. He met my gaze and I could suddenly feel the heat rise in me. He saw it and adjusted his pants a bit before he told me to go on with the popcorn string. I did as he said but my fingers didn't cooperate with me anymore and I could feel my cheeks heat of embarrassment.

Just as I was going to excuse myself and leave the room to get away from the feelings I get for him when he's that close, Hailie and Alaina came in with hot cocoa for us all. Marshall left the coach to put some more logs on the fire and Alaina took his place beside me.

"Jenna, how does it feel, being thrown into these mad Christmas traditions?" she said and put a hand on my knee to get my attention.

"Oh I don't think they're mad, are they?" I said quietly and frowned at her.

"You just wait until tomorrow then, when the others show up. There will be eating and opening Christmas gifts until dark" Hailie said and clinked her cocoa mug in a toast with Alaina.

I started to feel unease with the fact of meeting their relatives again. Last time wasn't exactly a success, except for my connection with Nate's wife Ashley, she was sweet. I gave my popcorn string to Whit and she hung it in the tree. Without it to concentrate on I started to fidget and my nervousness was showing, at least to Marshall who came up to me and Alaina on the couch asking her to please move so he could sit beside me. Of course she did what he said and went over to sit beside Hailie instead.