8. Deciding To Stay...

FLASHBACK

"Why the fuck are you so damn stupid?" Beam snapped and hissed as he dabbed disinfectant on Forth's injured knuckles. Forth just laughed and then hissed himself because his lip was cut open too.

"See? This... *ouch* is what you get *ehh...* when you fight like... *sss* a rabid bulldog!" Beam nagged and cleaned Forth's not so painful wounds, all the while, wincing and hissing like he was one being treated to the stinging disinfectant. Forth found it utterly adorable.

Beam shot him a glare. "Stop laughing you fucking moron! Next time, there might not be someone like me around to help you out of that fucking fiasco!" he snapped and Forth bit his lower lip to not end up laughing.

"The way I remember, it was you who needed help out of that situation. Not the other way around" Forth reminded him. "Why would you go around sleeping with someone else's girlfriend?"

Beam stopped what he was doing and looked up at Forth with an icy smirk. "Why the hell is that any of your business? I like doing it. Well, according to you, I even want to get between my best friend and his lover too. Strangers and their lovers, what difference does that make?"

Forth stared at his face and sighed. "You could just tell them you don't know those chicks have boyfriends. They're the ones at fault, not you" he said softly and Beam had to look at him with wide eyes.

Then he huffed and looked away. "And injure their self esteem? Nah, pass. It's not their fault they fell for wrong people, if they can save a little of their dignity in accusing me of snatching their girls, so be it" he said as he wrapped up the hand. "And besides, people are prone to judge me for my... personality and the way I choose to live, what harm can one more do"

"Judge you? People love you"

"You judged me. My friends did. Even downright idiotic morons like you and Pha who ruined their good old friendship chasing after a child, you judge my life style. Though you've known me longer than Wayo but... then again, I'm no sweet and innocent looking helpless puppy, am I?" Beam retorted with a smirk. "I bet you like that"

Forth winced because Beam had pressed too hard on his elbow. "No... I like fiery tigers better" he chuckled. "And we all are players here"

Beam looked up at him with cold eyes. "No. I'm not a player. I like having sex. But I never hunt women down for it. I don't make them fall for me or give anyone false hope, I make sure the person I'm with knows what's gonna happen afterwards. I don't play or cheat"

Forth blinked.

Beam started dressing his hand. "Tsk, you're supposed to be an engineer. Aren't your hands... like, important to you? You don't care for your life, atleast care for your hands"

"I care for my life, that's why I jumped in between you and those guys" Forth smiled at him.

It's been a week he started following Beam around who wasn't in a very good mood. He won't even spare a few seconds to listen to Forth while all Forth ever did was think about Beam. Yeah, this time it was even worse than a year and a half ago when he first met Beam. He was again love-stuck by Beam. Not that he was sure he ever got over him.

So today when he saw Beam surrounded by Geography boys claiming he slept with someone's girlfriend, Forth felt his heart hurt for some reason. But then Beam said he hasn't slept with any girl in the past two weeks and that even if he did, it wasn't like women walk around with tags saying 'Beware! I'm taken by a demented idiot' or that they fell in love with him with just one fun night.