Josuke Higashikata | Rainy Night

Requested by:

*I just wanted to make a hairs-down-Josuke oneshot because holy shit I love him. He's mine now and I love him... nah not really, but I do love him. He's literally just too cute like WHEEZE!

No-one's P.O.V.

"Fuck! It's raining!"

Under a bus-stops roof stood Josuke and Y/n. The pair had been friends for well over a year and it became a normal thing for him to walk her home. But this time, the weather had been quite biased. It rained, then got sunny, and now, it was close to a thunderstorm, and neither of the two had packed umbrellas.

The two looked to the left and to the right of the street before looking at each other. "It should be fine, right?" Y/n asked, the pompadour-boi shuffled his feet just a bit nervously. "Maybe, I mean... We can't really call our parents, can't we?" "No, 'cause of this storm, the service is probably too weak out here."

Y/n sucked in a breath and peered back to the direction of her apartment. "I think my house is the closest. You should probably stay over since it'll be way too much of a hassle getting back home." Josuke springed up from his position with a scarlet face. "What!? No, I can get back myself! It's cool! Wouldn't your mom get angry if I stayed over!?" Y/n tilted her head to him. "Jojo, she's never at home. It's pouring out here and I don't want my best friend catching a cold. Please?" He couldn't get over that gaze, it was too cute! "... Fine!.. As long as we can play that new game you got." "Crash Bandicoot? Sure."

And so, the two began walking towards the girls home, staying close to each other like penguins. Randomly, Josuke had noticed the girls shivering, and teeth chattering. "Hey, are you good?" "Uh, yeah, yeah. F-fine." She clearly wasn't. The sweet boi then took his jacket off, wrapping it around her. She looked up at him with surprise. "Jojo... you're-" "No, no. It's fine. I think you need it more than me." "Th-thanks but-" "No. I insist." "-your hair."

Just at that moment, he had spotted a few strands stick out of his hair. "Oh god... Do you have any gel at your house?" She shook her head and he sighed. "Shit... I guess you're gonna be the first person to see me with my hair down, beside my family."

Half an hour later, Y/n and Josuke went inside the small house, the warmth welcoming the two. Y/n tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention. "Hey, I think some of my older brother's stuff is still here, he moved out a while ago but I haven't gotten rid of anything yet. I'm gonna have a shower in my own bathroom. You should do the same with the other bathroom." Josuke nodded but not before Y/n could add just a little more to her sentence. "And... Thanks for letting me borrow your jacket. It's nice." The boi smiled sheepishly with bright red blush. "You might as well keep it! I've got another at home."

Y/n smiled before walking off. Josuke got a basic, white shirt and track-pants from her brothers old, dusty closet and went to the bathroom. He looked at his now frizzy hair from the cold rain-water. "Might as well wash it if I can't fix it."

Later...

After hanging up the jacket to dry, Y/n had set up her copy of Crash Bandicoot on her TV, a blanket accompanying her. Suddenly, a random memory had popped back into Y/n's head.

'Can't you two just get together already!' Okuyasu yelled. Koichi laughed loudly as Y/n and Josuke glanced at each other awkwardly with pink on their faces. 'Dude, we're, like, childhood friends! Why would I date her? She's like a... family member to me.' 'Ditto. That and the hair, won't date 'em 'cause of it.' 'HEY!'

The silly thing made her chuckle but also reduced her hope of having a relationship with him. It's true, she did like him. Josuke had to be the only other person she could have a proper, full on conversation with, someone who understood her, maybe even loved her... 'No, that's ridiculous. He probably doesn't feel the same for me.'

"Hey, Y/n." The girl whipped her head around. Her face was now blazing as she stared at him, his hair was down! It was still a bit wet, but he looked so much more different with it down. His geeky stare wasn't helping from how charming he looked. "Are you okay now?"

She nodded her head slowly, turning back to the screen and grabbing onto a pillow, clutching on like a teddy bear. Josuke sat down next to her, getting under the blanket with her. There was no extent to how awkward the two felt together now that their shoulders were touching.

After a few minutes of failure at the irritating game, Josuke turned to Y/n. "Hey, you wanna go?" Y/n looked at him, his cooling blue eyes just made her feelings even worse. "U-uh, I-i'm good."

"You sure~?" The teasing! Oh, how it melted her heart. "N-nah! Actually, do you want some pop-tarts or something for dinner? I'll get them!" The girl darted up from her spot and away whilst Josuke looked off into the direction where she ran. "Oh... sure."

Preceding from that, the two shared their pop-tarts dinner, and after a few more hours and Y/n's turn with it, it had reached a time where the two had to sleep.

"Hey Jojo, y-you can sleep in my bed if you want. I'm fine with the couch." Josuke gasped at this sudden information. "What!? No way! If you're gonna be anywhere then you should be in my- I mean-! Your bedroom!"

Y/n shook her head. "But, it's way too cold out here, I'd rather you be in there than here." "Alright then, how about we sleep with each other- I MEAN-! Sleep in the same bed!" Josuke yelled, his face equally as bright as Y/n's.

Josuke then picked the girl up bridal-style, carrying her off and placing her on her large, cozy bed before getting on himself. The lamp being the only light as he got comfortable, making sure he wasn't close to Y/n because holy shit that would be bad. He then turned the lamp off, laying on his side while Y/n did the same.

And again, she was quivering. The boi noticed again, and with a small, dotty grin, he moved over to wrap his arms around her. His arms were around her waist as she spun around, looking up at him. "Uh, J-Jojo-" "It's cool if I say No Homo."

"... What!?" The girl erupted into laughter, leaning more into his chest, making him blush more. Once she stopped, her gaze was then fading into Josuke's. What was a very unnatural moment had become oddly romantic.

Josuke held onto her a bit tighter as Y/n rested her hands on his shoulders, lifting a hand to flick a few strands of hair out the way. "J-... Josuke." "Yeah?" "... I think you look cute like this."

The two had careened in more to the point where their noses were nearly touching. They could feel each other's breath upon their lips.

"Hey Josuke?" Y/n now had her hands on his cheeks, both of their eyes were slowly closing. "Yeah?" He smirked, an explosion of emotion within the both of them. "I think... I think I... like... "

Before she could finish her words her lips were on Josuke's. His eyebrows furrowed as the two shared the innocent yet zealous kiss.

Never had the two thought they would actually kiss. After years of believing that all that was there was just friendship, it all changed. It wasn't two friends being happy, it was falling in love, in love with each other.

The two separated for air, the both of them with starry eyes, panting as they stared.

"Y-... Y/n?" "Y-yeah?" "I... I think I should start wearing my hair down with you." Y/n giggled, nuzzling her head back into his chest. "Shut up, you."

I've been having a bisexual crises recently. Idk why but Bruno's become one of my favorites, the other night I was watching Bruno fighting Giorno at the start with my girlfriend.

We have a joke where if a guy's shipped with him, it's straight (bc, ya know, MOM) so when that scene of him taking his jacket off came I just yelled "I AM SO GAAAAAAAAAAY!" and she looked at me like "You just realized?" I love her
~(^з^)-♥

-L o f i