Noriaki Kakyoin | Influence

Request/Prompt By: KIZURASG

I didn't have any music so.. yea, also, this is, again, bit sloppy... LIKE DIPPY EGGS-  (Also, btw, Pink Kakyoin uwu)

- No-one's P.O.V. -

Devoid of much sound, just the brushing of bristles coated in paint could be heard, creating images known more commonly as paintings.

The young man narrowed his eyes, the strange look of the shading of the clouds of his painting were looking very... odd to say the least.

He was painting with confidence but was nit-picky at the small, unnoticeable detail unless it was under the well-trained eye by the judges of the competition he had decided to join for the town fair.

"I see you're having trouble." With a slight shock, he quickly lifted his gaze up, seeing one of his classmates, Y/n, looking at him concernedly.

She was considered one of the top students of the art school, having her talk to him in case he made a mistake made his heart speed up. He shook his head. "No... actually, yes. I really am."

Indecisiveness. He's talking to a school idol, he wanted to just shy away, but to get good grades, he'd be fine working with someone who flusters him. She leaned over his shoulder, her eyes peering at the artwork carefully.

"...It's fantastic, but you need work on shading." She said. Her eyes slightly lit up, and looked at the boy. "Are you free this afternoon? I can help with that, if you want me to." Y/n offered, looking at him intently, as if she knew he needed help.

"Yes, I think I am at least... I'll meet you at the gate then?" He said, more like asked, his voice slightly high as he looked at her. The girl nodded going back to her painting and he sighed.

'Perfect! Now I have one of the best to help me!' He thought, smiling slightly at such a sudden event.

After-school, Y/n had guided him to her home. It was a studio apartment, pencils, paper and randomly colored pens laid about tables and floors as she led me through. "My parents gave me this place as an act of growing up, sorry about the mess."

"No, no! It's alright, my room is way more messy with all my game cartridges laying about." He replied, receiving a small glance from her as she asked; "You play video games?" "Yes? Why?"

She looked ahead again, smiling. "Oh no, nothing really. Just reminded me of my brother."

Without being noticed, her face became a small, red hue. Later on, Y/n was helping Kakyoin on shading, though, admittedly, he got very flustered with her holding his wrist whilst painting on the canvas.

The gentle touch of her fingers, wrapping around his wrist as she kept her face close to him gave him a cherry-red face. The girl looked at him, eye's widened at how much he was blushing. "Kakyoin? Are you okay? You look even more red than your hair." "I-I'm fine!"

Repeating the same process and explaining the competition to her, it was Kakyoin's final day to paint, and he had been focused on that certain feeling balling up in his chest, love.

Over the days, he realized how admiration turned into his biggest crush ever, falling for someone so into art they might as well forget about him. That's what he expected. Alone in his room, he trailed bits of f/c on the blank slate, smiling as he did so. He had remembered everything for her, and even more.

Even if he loses, he'd be more than happy to show his art, for her.

Soon enough, the competition came. With the paintings covered with cloths, the other artists all stood around the small, set-up stage whilst Kakyoin was waiting for Y/n to come. Every-so-often, he'd look out to the crowd and search for the girl with his eyes, and she wouldn't be there.

"Hey, Kakyoin! You alright there?" Said a random artist, he turned to him and nodded. "Yes, yes, just looking out for someone." "Huh... It's funny how that Y/n girl didn't compete, knowing this includes her family business, she would've immediately won."

Kakyoin sighed, nodding. He was worried. What if she couldn't come? Or did she choose not to... Either way, it could break his heart to shambles.

Later on at the presenting, it was nearly Kakyoin's turn to present. He bit down on his lip, nervous on the thought of who he admired didn't even arrive to see what she had been helping him with.

"And in third we have, Kakyoin Noriaki!" The host pulled the cloth off, revealing his painting. A silhouette of a woman, surrounded by colors of all kinds. "My, my, Kakyoin, can you tell us what inspired you?"

He stood up, standing beside his painting, looking down to his feet. "I have to be honest. I recently fell in love... I focused my feelings into the painting and I used everything they taught me. I'm not first, but I'm happy to at least take a place somewhere."

After everyone else presented theirs, the small show ended. He walked around the grounds of the fair, feeling his heart sink into his chest as his shoulders dropped. He had planned to go home, maybe spend the rest of the night playing video games instead.

That was until he felt a form crash into his, a soft, pleasing tingle on his lips as his eyes widened, looking down and seeing the very girl who he fell for. He brought his arms around her, holding her close until Y/n broke the kiss for air.

"Noriaki! I'm so sorry I got here so late! I'm terrible, so terrible." She muttered, to which he shushed her, shaking his head as he tilted her gaze up. "No, Y/n, no. It's fine. I'm just happy you're here, you're not terrible, you are amazing."

Suddenly, she shot up, standing on her tip-toes as her eyes were still connected to his as she said; "Noriaki, I heard what you said and- I love you too!"

The two shared such an intense stare, completely lost in each other's eyes, fear, shock!

Kakyoin then gradually lifted his hand to her cheek, leaning in to press his lips to hers again. The same feeling as before, but more deep, richer, filling heart to the brim with butterflies as one of her hands caressed his cheek down to his jawline. After the wonderful moment, they parted, resting his forehead to hers, and holding hands together.

"Y/n, I should've painted you instead, surely I would've gotten first in the contest." "Oh, shush, cherry-boy."

I've got an idea for a Stardust Crusaders Readers insert but idk ._. Maybe after OC story I'll try

-L o f i