Rohan Kishibe | Fair Lady

Requested by:

*I've been in a weird mood recently, like, I wanna write these things with certain characters, but I think they get way out of character. Anyway, enjoy some sad Rohan

WARNING: Gets serious so buckle up

No-one's P.O.V.

"I don't see why you need my approval for one of your outfits for that pig." "Just shut up."

It was a bit over eight at night when Y/n asked Rohan to help refine her outfits. She had a date with her soon-to-be-wed fiance, Ray, so she wanted to look her finest and even though the cartoonist had always mentioned he was 'A selfish cur!' She still loved him.

"I mean, why even try and impress that man!? He's nothing compared to celebrities. He doesn't even have a good job!" The mangaka exclaimed. "Oh shush! You're just jealous he's more strong than you." "Honey, I could care less. He looks like an ape. A drunk ape."

The girl sighed. After a second she sauntered out from the closet wearing a stunning, alluring, F/c dress and small, cute flats and leggings. The mangakas eyes lit up at the sight of her. Y/n took the unforeseen stare as a bad sign and turned the mirror. "Is it too much? I thought I got it just right this time." He bolted from his seat and to the closet. "Just wait! I've got just the thing to top it off!"

She covered her mouth, giggled at his silliness. When he came back, he held a blue-tux jacket. And since it was a jacket of Rohan, it was cut at the waist. He helped her put the jacket on, and wrapped his arms around her. "Ah! How lovely do you look!?" He cheered. The girl smirked at him. "So... you're no longer gay?" "Honey, I'm far from being gay now."

She laughed at him and observed herself in the full-view mirror as he grasped onto her, his head on her shoulder as Y/n kept up the confident attitude. Rohan had seen it once or twice, but seeing her with that beaming smile, it was uplifting. She put her hands on his, making him turn pink. "Hey Rohan?"

The fellow cartoonist stood up, his arms on her and looking at her with disquietude. "Yes?" Her smile flipped upside-down. "Am I... am I good enough for Ray? I love him but sometimes I wonder... We've been getting into arguments 'since we got engaged and I'm starting to think. Am I good enough for him?"

She turned to her companion and never had she seen Rohan more worried for anyone in that matter. "Y/n. You are better than him. You are the kindest, headstrong woman I've ever met. You are every man's dream, and if you're questioning that, you are completely wrong. I don't want that cur ever insulting you. If he tries laying a finger on you in any violent way, he just isn't for you."

Tears etched out from the corners of her eyes. She had her hands covering her mouth as she leaned into his arms. The mangaka had a hand rubbing up and down on her back as the other patted her head. "Now, now. Save the crying for your wedding day. Everything's alright." "... Th-thanks, Rohan."

Afterwards, she changed back into her regular outfit and went back to her home with her dress, shoes and jacket. Rohan slanted his body on the door frame, watching her car disappear in the distance. "Why don't you realize just how much of a jerk-off he can be?"

  The next evening...

Once more, it was late. Actually, it was really late, around twelve at night or so and Rohan was sketching away as per usual. That was until he had heard a knock at the door. With a sigh, he put the pen down on his desk, got out his chair and went downstairs. It has been snowing for a bit in Morioh so the weather outside has been very chilly.

The door clicked and he opened the door, a weight suddenly clung onto his body before he could even realize who it was. Y/n! She was glacial and snow was flecked all over her. He guided her over and let her sit on the couch, she was covering her face as brooks of salty teardrops flowed down. He closed the door and brought a blanket to her.

"Y/n! Is everything all...-" Rohan gently pulled her hands away from her face, revealing the large, purple bruise on her cheek. "How did you get this!? Who did this to you!? Was it Ray!? Why would he do this!?!?" He exclaimed, running off to get an ice pack. Once he got it, he ran back into the room, holding it up to the bruise.

"Ray... H-he... Th-the wedding is off-f n-now, a-and we just co-couldn't get al-along. We argued on the-the date a-a-and he g-g-got v-violent." With every word she stammered out, her bottom lip quivered. Rohan wrapped her in his arms and held her close. Every second he visualized the nightmare, the more worried and furious he'd get. "I swear! I knew that brute would end up doing something like this!" He said with disgust, he then looked back down at the girl. Her tears had stopped but her breath was still shaky. "Oh, you poor thing. You need sleep from this terrible night."

Rohan helped her up, showing her to the room. He tucked her into bed, but as he did, Y/n spoke to him. "I'm so-sorry for ju-just randomly b-barging in. I'm a t-t-terrible friend." Rohan sighed, leaning over to her. "No. We'll talk about this in the morning. I just want you to rest up for now. If you want, go get some other clothes from my closet. I'd rather you be comfortable then anything right now." He then gave her hand a light squeeze before leaving and closing the door.

He left to his altier but strangely enough, he couldn't work. He picked up the pen, but all creativity had been drained out of him. All that was in him was worry, and rage.

   Time skip...

In the morning, the girl opened her radiant eyes, groaning as she sat up. She went to wipe off the drool at the corner of her mouth and cheek when she felt a sudden pang on her cheek. Instantly, the memories of last night poured back to her. The fight, running away, and being comforted by Rohan. She looked around, recognizing the room to be his own. "Oh my... Wait. If I was sleeping in here then... Oh!"

After hitting awareness, the fellow, slim cartoonist entered the room with a tray with coffee and toast on it. "Good morning, Y/n. Are you alright now?" He asked. She nodded as he walked over to her, placing the tray beside her. He then sat next to her on the bed. Y/n noticed how he was wearing decent clothing and chuckled. "Hehe, how come you look so decent in the morning?" He chortled as well. "I get up early, honey."

Y/n's gaze faltered. "Uh, sorry about making you sleep on the couch last night, and sorry about that freak out. I was a little tipsy and I get dramatic when that happens." Rohan took her hand, gripping onto her hand with security. "That's fine. It's actually more than fine... Tell me, what happened last night?"

The fine lady sighed, clutching onto the neck-brim of a plain shirt she had gotten from his closet. "...After dinner, Ray and I ordered a few drinks. He had gotten full on drunk while I was just tipsy. When we were heading home, I had mentioned of... of maybe having a child someday. He got furious, calling me names, yelling at me, and saying he just wanted to marry me for my body. At one point I tried to defend myself but then he... he actually hit me. He's been so close to so many times before but this time he really did it. From there, our engagement was off, and my house was way too far away, so while I could, I just ran in the direction of your house. Right now, I think you're my only emotional support, and friend."

Rohan brought his other hand to also hold hers. "Y/n. I-" "I should've listened to you. I'm sorry. I'm a horrible friend. I should be smart. Why can't I just be smart!? Why couldn't I just have known Ray before falling in love!?" "Y/n-" "At times like those, why can't I just not love!?" "Y/n!" She was silenced.

"Y/n. Don't be sorry for anything. I understand why you'd be thinking like that. Y/n, like I said yesterday, you are a beautiful person, with a beautiful mind... and Y/n-" He gave her hand an affectionate squeeze as he turned his direction to the floor. "I must admit. I can't help but think that maybe I'm what you need. I think I love you." He looked back up, tilting his head and staring at her with hopeful eyes.

For that moment of silence, everything had set in for the two. "Rohan. I love you too, but I think for now, I should let my heart rest." She said. The mangakas shoulders lowered.

"But trust me, once my heart's ready, I'll let you know. But for now, let's start with small dates like movies and lunch." She finished it all with a small kiss to his cheek.

*To lift the mood a bit, here's a silly joke I love. What happens when you mix a rhetorical question and a joke? This bullshit :p

-L o f i