Yukako Yamagishi | Friends to Lovers

Requested by: -daddykermit

*This was really fun to write so... I got this one done first. HERE WE GO LESBIANS!

Y/n's P.O.V.

It was in the middle of class when we sat by each other, listening to the teachers rambling on about bits and pieces, relating to the subject. Losing track, my E/c eyes shifted over to the charcoal-haired girl who sat beside me.

Ever since childhood, we had been friends, but ever since, I had been dying to be more than just friends. At no time did I wish to be friends. I wanted to be lovers. But then again, there was always the shame of being homosexual. It wasn't bad to be gay, I don't know if my family care but I knew my friends accepted it, but would Yukako? Did she feel the same yearning? Or was she straight? She's not interested in anyone at the moment. Maybe it's wrong to feel this way. Maybe she'll reject me if I confess. Maybe she'll be disgusted at me, and hate me forever.

For a second, her eyes darted to me and back to the teacher. Heat rose in my cheeks as I looked back to the teacher. She'd do that to secretly tell me to pay attention in class, but her eyes always fluster me. Like Italian Aster. A marvelous shade of purple.

After school, walking down the street, we chatted about random things. "-and then I kid you not, to provide the fact that she thinks she's Bi, she went up to this girl, tried to flirt, and got yelled at by said girl. Heehee!" She giggled in the most lovable way. I blushed so bright, I probably looked like a car's headlights. "Uh, you alright?"

I panicked. Instantly, I stuttered out. "Y-Yeah! I j-j-just remembered! I g-gotta, uh, meet up with Koichi f-f-for, ah, home-homework! Ha!" She placed her hand on my shoulder, looking at me with concern. "Oh... You know I can help with whatever you're having trouble with-" "No! I mean- I already arranged it with him, and I know it'd be weird for you two to be meeting, especially after the breakup- I'm sorry for mentioning that! Bye!"

Quickly, I sprinted away in the direction of Koichi's house. As always, my running technique worked, but now I actually wanted to go to his house to talk to someone, just not Yukako.

At the house, I knocked on the door. His mom opened the door and I smiled awkwardly. "Hi Mrs. Hirose. Sorry, but I just want to talk to Koichi real quick- Is he inside?" I asked nervously, shuffling on my feet. She gave me a warm, motherly smile. "He is, yes. Come in, I'll bring you to his room."

I walked inside, following her until we stopped at his room. She knocked on the door, waited for the "Come in!" and opened it. Koichi was sitting on his desk, pens and paperwork scattered on it. "Koichi, your friend wanted to talk so... be polite."

I entered and the door was shut. I ran a hand through my hair, again, smiling awkwardly. "Hey dude... what's up?" "Just doing work. Are you here for your game I borrowed? Doom? I think I have it here."

'Shit. I forgot I let him borrow it.' "Uh, yeah." Koichi sat up, going over to his side-tables draw, and searching through it. Eventually, he found the cartridge,waltzing over and handing it to me. "The game's way too freaky for me." "Yeah, real freaky."

Koichi must've noticed my subtle panic. He then questioned; "Hey, is there another reason why you're here?" I hesitated, pausing. I then sighed, slipping the game into my bag and nodding. "Yeah. There is."

I walked over and sat on his bed, keeping my eyes to the carpet, not wanting to face anyone. "You, Josuke, Okuyasu, you all know I'm gay, obviously, but there's someone who doesn't." "Really who?" It took him a second, but he caught on, knowing who my crush is.

"Well... how about you tell her?" I perked up, a confused look on me as I looked at him. "How? I can tell her face to face." "Y/n, it's better if you do. How about we arrange it?" With hesitation, I nodded. He smiled and went over to his desk, grabbing a lined sheet and pencil.

"Maybe on the roof... during break two?" He asked, I nodded with confirmation, and he wrote it down. He folded up the note, giving it to me. "Slip it into her bag tomorrow and tell her."

I chuckled, a light grin as I took the note. "Thanks Koichi. You really are reliable." I then proceeded to leave, heading back home to get ready for tomorrow.

The next day...

Break two. I stood on the roof by the doors. The sky was so peaceful, the air clear. I took in a breath, seeking to air out any worries. I felt somewhat assured. I had already slipped the note in her bag in the morning, so all I had to do was wait. 'But what if she hates me? What if she reads it after school? What if she figures it all out and becomes disgusted and rejects me already-?'

"Y/n?" "Yukako! Hey, I wanted to talk to you." I shuffled on my feet. I had to think. How would I start this? "Uh, are you interested in girls?" 'W h a t ?' I had a mini-panic attack in my brain as she blushed, smiling and looking down.

"Oh! Oh... I mean, girls are-" "I'm sorry about asking! You probably aren't. No, you're not gay! Hehe! Sorry! Sorry!" I was glowing at this point. What was I doing? I felt ridiculous. "Y/n, are you alright?" "No! No! No! I'm positive!"

Yukako's eyebrows furrowed. "Y/n. Do you... like me?" "What!? M-me! Ew! N-no! Th-th-that's gross!" The raven-head sighed, she held her head down, a disappointed look on his face. "Y/n, I'm sorry that this may be weird but... I like you. I-I... I'll understand if you don't feel the same way."

'This entire conversation took a 180.' I gulped, my panic leaving as I leaned to her. "Yukako, I'll be honest. I actually brought you up here because I wanted to tell you I like you." I stated. Suddenly, tears began clouding my vision. "Y/n-?" "It's just, I-I thought you wouldn't l-like me a-and I just thought-" "Y/n." "I thought y-you would s-stop b-b-being my fr-friend a-and I-I didn't w-want that a-a-and-" "Y/n..."

She pulled me into a hug, holding me tightly and rubbing circles on my back. I clung onto her in response. "Y/n, there's nothing wrong with liking the same gender, and if anyone disagrees with that, they're wrong. So, so wrong."

I stood up properly, and she placed a small kiss on my lips. "Thanks Yukako, you're a really good friend." She had her hands on my cheeks as she placed her forehead on mine. "Not friends. Lovers."

Gay, gay, GAY :)

-L o f i