chapter : 4

Seonghwa's point of view

I step out the car getting ready to go inside and frown. Saelee paces back and forth on the porch but pauses when she sees me. She gives me an awkward smile while I glare at her.

Me: What the hell are you doing here?

All my respect for her went down the drain when she decided to completely embarrass us at the wedding ceremony.

Not only did she she get ridiculously drunk and show up twenty minutes late, she started a huge fight with Jongho and Angel at the reception.

I literally had to stop both Cina and Yeosang from killing her.

Saelee: I've been out here for ten minutes trying to convince myself to ring the bell.
Me: Don't, just go back to wherever you were.

I see Yeosang's car in the driveway but I highly doubt he wants to speak to her, let alone see her. Her presence is annoying me as we speak.

Saelee: I just want to apologize to you guys.

I scoff.

Me: I think we've all heard enough of your apologies to last a life time.

There was a time where I truly felt for her. Her mental health and issues with San made me sympathize with her. But there's a limit, there was a limit with Giselle and there's a limit with her.

There's a point in your life where you have to decide to take responsibility for your own bullshit and grow up.

Me: I don't understand you starting a fight with Jongho, he's happy, let him be happy!

She shakes her head.

Saelee: I am happy for him. I'm happy for him, I'm happy for San, I'm happy for Yeosang. It seems like everyone has their stuff together except me.
Me: And who's fault is that?

The door opens and Yeosang stands there in his pajamas while rubbing his eyes. He sees his younger sister and instantly roll his eyes.

Yeosang: I'm not doing this Jewel.
Saelee: I came to..-
Yeosang: Apologize? Almost four months after the fact?
Saelee: I was caught up in my own feelings okay!
Yeosang: You're always caught up in your own feelings. You go to America then come back, America then come back. Why do you keep coming back?
Saelee: Because my family is here! You! I don't have anyone in America.

He chuckles humorlessly.

Yeosang: There was a time when you pretended I didn't exist, can we go back to that?

He walks back into the house not turning back.

__

Cina's point of view

Ten and I lean against each other his back on my back while we drink our extra large coffees.

Ten: So the chief has a crush on you?
Me: Yes which is gross. I'm married and he's fifty with a bad toupee and bad breath.

He laughs before shaking his head.

Me: Speaking of crushes..
Ten: Oh God.
Me: Missy has been having her eyes on you for a while now.
Ten: Missy?
Me: Yes the nurse! She's super sweet, you should ask her on a date.
Ten: I'm too busy to date.
Me: True but dating someone at the same hospital can be cool.

He hums.

Ten: Have you watched greys anatomy? It's absolutely not cool.

I have a little over ten hours left of this shift and I just want to curl in between my two favorite boys and sleep.

Ten: Are we friends?
Me: I thought we were, don't tell me it's been one-sided this whole time.

He giggles.

Ten: We are and friends tell each other the truth right?
Me: Ten you're scaring me, what's up?
Ten: I can't say much and won't say much but you should check on Santana when you get a minute.

My heart stops for a second.

Me: Why? What's wrong?
Ten: I can't tell you because of hippa laws you know that Cin, but definitely check on her.

Oh God.

__

y'all @ me rn