chapter : 57

Cina's point of view

Xiaojun comes downstairs and I smile.

Me: Hey, have you seen Santana? We have to go meet Eric before the seafood boil.
Xiaojun: N-no!

He dashes out the kitchen making me frown, what's up with him? Yeosang begins to pout again.

Yeosang: I don't see why we have to talk about our past.
Me: It'll help us understand each other more.

Sauni smiles awkwardly as she grabs a bottle of water. This exercise might be a good thing considering the fact we still don't know a whole lot about her. Yuta hates her, Wooyoung likes her, the end.

There's no depth to her character, or at least that's what she wants us to believe.

Santana limps into the kitchen. She leans against the counter before sighing.

Me: Are you okay?

She makes a fist shoving her pointer finger inside.

OH!

__

Eric, Tiffany and some woman we've never seen stands there smiling as we all take a seat in front of them.

Eric: Goodevening folks! Today we will take a trip down memory lane. In order to understand why someone is the way that they are, you have to understand what they've been through.

Yeosang rests his head against my shoulder.

Eric: Let's start with Seonghwa. Care to share any details of your past?

Then boy in question sighs.

Seonghwa: Like what?
Eric: What was some of your hobbies growing up?
Seonghwa: I liked to collect toy cars.
Eric: Thats interesting, at what age did you stop?
Seonghwa: Thirteen, I started collecting real cars when I was sixteen.
Eric: Oh? And when did that stop?
Seonghwa: It didn't.

At his parents' mansion there's a garage dedicated to any old fashion car he bought at auctions.

Eric: So you like cars? Safe to say if you didn't become a CEO you would have been a mechanic or anything in that field?

Seonghwa shakes his head.

Seonghwa: My future was decided since the day I was born, I was always going to be a CEO.
Eric: Is that what you wanted to do?

He shrugs.

Seonghwa: Growing up I knew nothing else.
Eric: Doctor? Lawyer?
Seonghwa: Didn't interest me.

Eric hums.

Eric: Santana!

She smiles.

Eric: Tell me about your childhood, how was your relationship with your parents?

Oh no.

Santana: My parents and I were very close.
Eric: What kind of things did you guys do together?
Santana: Go on picnics, cook, paint. My mother loved art.
Eric: Thats interesting. Did she want to be an artist?

Santana nods.

The girl we haven't met before smiles.

Girl: Hope you don't mind if I interject.
Eric: Of course not! Everyone this is Kourt, she's a licensed therapist.

We all give her a small welcome.

Kourt: Santana, I noticed when asked about your parents you avoid eye contact. Any specific reason for that?

Changkyun growls.

Changkyun: Is this a therapy session all of a sudden?
Kourt: No, just an observation.
Minhyuk: Let's keep those to a minimum, hm?

Santana sighs.

Santana: It's okay guys. My parents were killed when I was sixteen.
Eric: Thats awful, I'm sorry to hear that.
Kourt: Would you say the topic of your parents are a trigger for you?
Santana: You said you're a therapist right?

Kourt nods.

Santana: Then what kind of question was that?
Kourt: I'm sorry?
Santana: If you mention a certain thing and that person avoids eyes contact, gets jittery, have sweaty palms or anything that can be spotted as anxiety stricken it goes without saying that they're triggered. Doctor Kourt.

San agrees.

Kourt: That's true but I'm not familiar with you guys the way Eric is.
Yeosang: Please, he doesn't know anything about us but our names.
Kourt: And that's the problem, in order to help you we need to know more.

Santana sits up.

Santana: Eric's job is to find different ways for us to bond better. Correct?

She nods.

Santana: Talking about our past is a wonderful way to do that, however it should be on our own terms. In your first therapist session with a patient you don't dive right in do you? No, you need to build trust and a foundation first.

I agree, ambushing us with a therapist while we talk about our past is kind of tone death.

Kourt: I understand your concerns but please trust me. My degree proves I know what I'm doing.

Jooheon rubs Santana's shoulders, she's getting annoyed.

Kourt: Santana..-
Santana: It's Doctor Kang to you. Doctor Kang with the graduating 4.0.

Eric's eyes widen.

Eric: You're a doctor?
San: She's literally been a therapist to all of us some way some how.

Saelee nods.

Seonghwa: Monsta-x are idols, San and I are CEOs, Yeosang is an account and business owner, Cina is a cardiovascular surgeon, Santana is a psychologist, Char is part time veterinarian and business owner, Raven is a chiropractor, Wooyoung is a professor, Hongjoong is a freelance writer, Jongho is a dance instructor, Saelee is a dancer, Angel is an author, Xiaojun is an ex mob leader but also have two businesses under his bealt, Yuta is a model, Giselle is a teacher and Sauni is Sauni.

She scoffs.

Sauni: I'm a journalist!
Seonghwa: My point is no one sitting here is stupid, the only stupid people here are you three.
Eric: What? What did we do?
Yeosang: Kourt is a trash therapist, a marriage ended on your watch, and Tiffany, well.. you really wanna' talk about the past?

The two boys stand up.

Yeosang: I agree with Santana, we can talk about our pasts alone.

__

y'all might wanna get y'all tissues ready for the next chapter, they going deep into the past.