chapter : 8

Cina's point of view

This meeting is absolutely ridiculous, but as the three men sit there with their suits on I know they mean business. Meanwhile my father in law, on video chat, is devouring a chicken wing.

Seonghwa: Goodmorning Mrs.Choi.

I narrow my eyes as San fights the urge to laugh.

Me: Goodmorning, I'm here to discuss the idea of Park group opening it's own private practice.

A burp comes from the computer screen making us all turn our heads. The older man smiles sheepishly, and I giggle.

Seonghwa: How will opening a private practice help Park corporations?
Me: There's two things that will always make money, sickness and death.

Their eyes widen.

Me: Death will always be a thing, therefore people who own funeral homes make a lot of money and will continue to.
Seonghwa: So why don't we do that?
Me: Because I like to help people before they get to that point.

San hums as he flicks through some papers.

San: You're a heart doctor?
Me: I'm a surgeon who specializes in the heart, yes. But I can do all things as an overall doctor.
Seonghwa: As impressive as that is one doctor cannot run a practice.

An exasperated sigh leaves the computer screen.

Father: Seonghwa this is ridiculous. Just give my daughter in law what she wants. We all know she's more than capable of..-

Seonghwa closes the laptop.

Seonghwa: Continue Mrs.Choi.

He is so not getting his dick sucked tonight.

Me: I have a therapist, neurologist and chiropractor all lined up. Of course I'll need more staff which I am a hundred percent prepared to find!
San: No need.

I raise an eyebrow.

San: I already put out job applications for anyone who meets the requirements.
Seonghwa: You what?
San: We all know you're going to get her the building.

He scowls at his business partner, Yeosang cracks his knuckles as he continues to type away on his computer.

Yeosang: The numbers check out so the money won't be a problem, as long as we get all equipment from the same supplier. Not to mention the money from Hongjoong, Monsta-x and I.

Seonghwa leans back in his chair eyeing me, I stick my tongue out at him and he chuckles a little.

Seonghwa: This is a big responsibility but I trust you'll run this practice as best as you can.
Me: I'll work hard sir.

He hums.

Seonghwa: Well, I guess we should start looking for a building.

__

Santana and I hold hands as we spin around yelling. This is all I ever wanted! Doing what I love and not having to have some asshole for a boss.

Well, technically Seonghwa will be my boss but that's okay, for now. We click our champagne glasses together before smiling.

Santana: I can't believe we're doing this.
Me: Me either, but it's going to be amazing.
Santana: I have to tell you something.

I sit my drink down giving her all my attention. She gives me a sad smile before sighing.

Santana: I don't feel comfortable doing this without telling you first since you're my bestfriend.
Me: What's wrong San?
Santana: Yeosang asked me to be Saelee's therapist and I agreed.

I groan.

Before graduation Saelee and I left off on okay terms. But when she came back from America for our wedding she showed her ass, it was embarrassing and disrespectful.

Eventhough I can't stand her,I'm well aware that she has issues that's far beyond any normal person's ability to help.

Me: That's big of you.
Santana: So you're not mad?

I shake my head.

Me: Whether I like it or not she's still my sister in law. I can ignore her existence but still want her pain to go away.
Santana: Well I'll be damned, Cina is maturing right in front of my eyes.

I pop my collar making her chuckle.

Santana: How are you going to convince Ten to leave the hospital though?
Me: I haven't thought that far ahead but we've became really close so hopefully he'll do it as a friendship favor.

She giggles.

Santana: Quitting his career as a friendship favor?
Me: Quitting his career there, but continuing it here.
Santana: And where is here, exactly?
Me: Shit whenever they find a building.

My phone dings.

HusbandHwa❤️: We found a building.

I scream making Hyungwon fall off the couch from his nap.

Santana: I forgot he was there.

__

baby daddy & serendipity aurora are posted.

i'll be working on this story and those two for a total of three stories. then i'll do the other ones down the road.