chapter : 58

Cina's point of view

Once we all leave the disaster that was Eric's past ceremony, the boys prep things to have a small bonfire in the backyard. Santana limps around the kitchen as she grab things to me margaritas.

Me: Are you sure you're okay?

She nods. I know the limp from sex pain, I've done it and seen her do it too many times. However, this isn't that. Whatever pain she's feeling isn't related. Char skips into the kitchen with a small smile on her face.

Char: Joongie promised me roasted marshmallows!

I grin, yes what's a bonfire without roasted marshmallows? San and Wooyoung both begin to yell from the living-room about absolute nonsense. Meanwhile, Yeosang ignores Jooheon as he begins to whine about something.

Ah yes, the life and friends I chose.

__

Me: So? Who's going to start?

Everyone stays silent.

Char: I say Santana goes first.
Santana: Everyone knows my past by now.
Char: But we don't know much about before the tragedy.

That's true.

Hongjoong: I don't think she wants to reflect on that love. It'll make her sad.
Char: No, Santana isn't that type of person. It'll make her happier.

She's right.

Santana: I mentioned before my mom loved art. She'd paint and draw whenever she had free time. When I was ten we went to a pumpkin patch, while I looked for the perfect pumpkin she sat down with her sketchbook and sketched the whole field.

Her eyes light up whenever she talks about her parents.

Santana: Unfortunately my alcoholic grandfather lost all her paintings and drawings. I'd kill just to have one.

And that's why my heart aches most for her. She doesn't have anything from her parents, not a keepsake or anything to remember them by. Her grandfather basically told them to junk the house and throw out everything. It's awful.

Wooyoung: Can I ask you a loaded question?
Santana: Sure.
Wooyoung: Is your heart filled with hate for the people who did that to your parent?

She smiles softly, surprising us.

Santana: That's a good question. The normal answer would be yes, who wouldn't hate the people who killed their parents? However, I wouldn't be able to live my life if I was so resentful each day. I don't forgive them, I just believe the universe will or has handled them accordingly.

Hyungwon ruffles her hair and she whines.

Santana: Enough about me. Nakamoto, talk to us.
Yuta: There's not much to say.
Hongjoong: Liar.

He glares at the younger boy.

Yuta: The past is a very vague topic.
Me: You can start with whatever made you cold hearted and cranky.
Yuta: I am not cranky!
San: You're a little bit cranky.

He scoffs.

Yuta: This is cliché but heartbreak truly ruined my perception of everything. People, relationships, and life in general.
Char: But why give someone that much control? Never give up your kind heart because people are mean.

Hongjoong chuckles.

Hongjoong: Baby he was never nice.
Yuta: He's right. I've always been cranky, as Cina puts it. It's just that I was more easier to get to know, I didn't have such a thick wall up. But once you get hurt like that you'll never want it to happen again.

Sauni puts her head down.

Char: So no relationships? No marriage?
Yuta: No cherry. Those things don't interest me in the slightest.

Raven takes a shot of vodka.

Yuta isn't how San use to be. San genuinely had no clue how to love and could barely realize when someone loved him. Yuta knows what love is and knows how to care for someone, he just doesn't want to out of the fear of getting hurt.

Yuta: Kang, go ahead.

Yeosang and I point at ourselves, Yuta sighs.

Yuta: Not you Cinnie.

Ah.

Yuta: Tell us why you're such a grumpy asshole.
Yeosang: There's no logic behind it, I came out the womb unamused.

Saelee nods.

Yeosang: Much like you I don't trust people. Even if I have a lot of friends, not many have my trust.
Wooyoung: So no ex have ever broke your heart?
Yeosang: I never loved anyone until I met Cina.

I brush my shoulders off.

Giselle: What would you have done if Seonghwa and Cina just wanted their relationship to themself?

He shrugs slightly.

Yeosang: We'll never know will we?

I smile.

__

i decided not to make you cry this chapter.

but next chapter... tuh