chapter : 17

Third person point of view

Unbeknownst to Cina the hospital was about to get its first taste of a trauma rush due to a pileup on the express way. Once the door flies open the doctors immediately get to work.

Ten runs beside a stretcher while Cina runs to another.

Ten: What do we got?
EMT: John Doe, middle twentys. His body was halfway through the windshield causing a lot of head trauma.
Nurse: Should I get him up to CT?
Ten: He doesn't have time, if we do that he'll die.

Ten gets a better look at the man and squint. It's hard to tell with all the blood in the way, but there's no doubt that this 'john doe' looks familiar. He just can't put his finger on it right now.

__

Cina eyes widen once she gets a look at her patient.

EMT: Before she passed out she told us her name was Kim Jandi, age twenty-five.
Cina: W-what happened?
EMT: Her car was under three others. It took hours to pull her from under there. It was amazing her body didn't give out on her sooner.

Cina's palms begin to sweat knowing the possibility of her performing surgery on Jandi was very likely. The crew immediately gets to work on making sure all is working right.

Cina gets a bit discombobulated as her own mind begins to play tricks on her. The monitor begins to beep at an abnormal speed.

Nurse: Dr.Park-Kang she's in v-fib! We need to get her to an operating room right away.

__

Ten eyes widen in horror once the man is cleaned up and rushed to surgery.

Ten: S-Seonghwa.

The scrub nurse furrows her eyebrows.

Nurse: Who?

Ten does a silent prayer as he begins to cut into his bestfriend's husband head. Seonghwa has swelling and bleeding on the brain. In order to save his life Ten has to find out what's causing the bleed, and he doesn't have much time.

The monitor begins to beep.

Nurse: He's crashing.

Ten's mind begins to race, but he knows this is no time to panic.

Ten: Push one of epi!

Ten mumbles under his breath "Hwa don't you dare die on me.."
__

Cina sticks her hand in Jandi's open chest as she begins to massage her heart, hoping to get some type of beat. She thanks God quietly once she feels it, and then a squirt of blood shoots up.

Cina: Fuck!
Nurse: She's going into cardiac arrest.

Cina finds the tear in her heart and rushes to fix it, it sounds easy but it's not in the slightest. Especially, when pressure like this is on you.

__

Yeosang and Jongho rush into the hospital out of breath and panicking, the receptionist tries to calm them down but it's no help.

Santana walks down the hall with a confused look on her face as she approaches the two.

Santana: Guys whats...

Her heart practically snaps at the scene. Both boys with red puffy eyes confused and disoriented.

Yeosang: I-I got a call from Seonghwa. H-he didn't sound right, he said he was stuck under his car. He was out of breath and said he felt like he was dying.

Santana's eyes widen.

Yeosang: He said he was being rushed here.

Santana: T-there was news of a pileup on the thirty-three but..

Her heart begins to ache.

She rushes to look at the whiteboard and her suspicions were correct, eventhough she really didn't want them to be. What shocked her the most was another familiar name.

Dr.Lee emergency surgery in operating room 1.
"John Doe"

Dr.Park-Kang emergency surgery in operating room 2.
"Kim Jandi"

She places a hand over her mouth.

Santana: Oh God.
Jongho: Is that John Doe Seonghwa?
Santana: I-it could be. If he was passed out and had no identification on him by the time they got to him then..

Yeosang drops to his knees as Jongho fails to hold him up.

The door flies opens, Giselle and San run in a panicked mess. San notices Santana and runs right to her.

San: Someone called and said Jandi was here! What's going on?

Santana hands begins to shake as the words can't leave her mouth. She can't even look her friend in the face right now.

Santana: S-she's in surgery.
Giselle: Surgery? Is she okay?

__

The monitor goes into complete chaos as Ten tries his best.

Nurse: He's crashing!
Ten: Push another epi!
Nurse: He's at the max doctor!

__

Cina tried to keep her composure eventhough everything seems to be against her at this point.

Cina: Suction now!

__

Both the doctors try their absolute hardest, but sadly death and all his friends conquered one soul today..

"Time of death, two fifteen."

___