chapter : 60

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️: mention of abuse

__

Cina's point of view

Everyone stares at me in shock.

Me: I was diagnosed at fifteen, at nineteen I finally won.

Well kind of..

When I had that tumor junior year of college that was the cancer trying to come back. Thankfully the surgery after graduation was a success.

Me: It was a mentally and physically draining time in my life. The experience made Jongho and I closer.

The boy smiles before nodding.

Jongho: I was afraid to leave her alone at night. My worse fear was finding her dead, so I'd sleep in her room on the floor every night.

One time I had a coughing fit and I never seen him so panicked before. Over those years I almost died three times, the third time I was ready to let go. However, I faintly remember Jongho screaming my name when I fainted.

I had to hang on for my brother.

Jongho: It made me realize just how precious family and life is. I've never taken her or life for granted again.

Joong pats the boy on his back.

Hongjoong: I'm sorry you guys went through that, it explains why you both are so head strong now.

I shrug.

Me: I'm fine now!

Seonghwa holds my hand gently.

Jongho: Our parents divorce was one thing we seen coming and when it happened we were ecstatic.
Me: Them being separated was much better than them being together. Their arguments were brutal.

Wooyoung nods.

Wooyoung: I know how that is.

A look of sadness and despair crosses his face.

Me: Are you okay?
Wooyoung: I guess since we're all being honest I should as well.

A small sighs leave his lips.

Wooyoung: Ever since I was born my parents basically hated each other. Their arguments were horrible, but the physical fights were too much to handle.

My eyes widen.

Wooyoung: My father got extremely violent with my mom, I tried to defend her but he threw me against a wall so hard it bust my head open.

Wooyoung was always a mystery to me. Sure he's San goofy bestfriend but there's much more to him that I could never figure out.

Wooyoung: I woke up in a hospital bed only to find out I was out for an entire week. When the police came to ask questions my mom lied about what happened. She continued to lie about every bruise and cut he gave us.

He blinks before shaking his head.

Wooyoung: When I was seventeen I finally left that house, my mom begged me to stay but I couldn't. I even asked her to come with me and she said no. A few weeks after it came of no shock to me when my aunt told my mom had been hospitalized with a broken rib and fractured skull.

Yeosang puts his head down.

My eyes widen in realization.

Wooyoung and Yeosang being sadists is wild in itself, they both had witnessed terrible abuse when they were younger. Yeosang's parents weren't abusive at all, but one day he told me about his grandfather and it took everything in me not to hunt the old man down.

Char: Do you talk to her now?
Wooyoung: Yes, she still apologizes every chance she gets. She's marry to a much better man now though.
Saelee: And your dad?

He shrugs.

Wooyoung: Hopefully dead.

Sauni rests her head on his shoulder and he grins. He seems happy with her.

Wooyoung: Monsta-x, what's up with you guys?

The boys chuckle.

Minhyuk: We're idols.
Changkyun: And because of that there's nothing about us the world doesn't know. We don't get any privacy.

Santana nods her head.

Santana: Our old house address got leaked, that was a scary day.
Yuta: What?
Santana: The boys were in Thailand at the time when a bunch of people claiming to be fans basically tried to break in.
Seonghwa: What the hell?
Yeosang: Why didn't you call us?

She shrugs.

Santana: I wasn't too worried, the police came rather quickly and apprehended them. Plus I'm pretty skilled with a sword so.
Yuta: A sword? It's twenty-twenty.
Me: You haven't seen her sword collection. They're beautiful!
Minhyuk: They're expensive.

Santana chuckles.

Santana: And I cherish them with my life.
Hyungwon: Honestly I can't remember much about the past. It's like once I became an idol none of that mattered anymore, I suppressed it.

He frowns a little.

Hyungwon: I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.
Hongjoong: Maybe both. I'm pretty sure it's tough having to be Hyungwon the idol all the time.
Hyungwon: It's exhausting.

The rest of the boys nod.

Changkyun: Even though you guys are a complete shit show half the time...

He isn't lying, anyone who read this series know we are in fact: the whole circus.

Changkyun: I like being around you.

San and Wooyoung both scream before running over to pinch his cheeks. Changkyun begins to curse making Wonho laugh.

Jooheon: You guys don't give us any special treatment, you just treat us like normal people which is all we want.
Seonghwa: Of course. Your singing and dancing don't mean shit to me.

And thus, the argument begins.

I smile while two members chase him around the fire.

__

feeling like shit, just want hunter x hunter back 😭