chapter : 64

Cina's point of view

I think it's safe to say no one in Rocky's stories should ever go on vacation, because what is this mess? All I wanted was for us to bond and now everyone is more annoyed than before.

Hanbin: When I first met her she seemed sweet and gentle.
Eric: And now?
Hanbin: Haven't talked to her ever since college but she still looks vindictive as ever.
Eric: Vindictive? But she was the one who cheated on you guys was she not?
Hanbin: Yes and no.

I'm starting to get cranky, I'm hungry and there's a seafood boil waiting for us. Not to mention there's an angry Yuta walking around somewhere by himself.

Hanbin: I cheated first.

My eyes widen.

Hanbin: About two months into the relationship I cheated on her at a party. That was my first and last time, but she decided to get revenge by going after Nakamoto.

Well shit.

Char: You used Yuta as some way to get back at him? You're a terrible person!
Sauni: It wasn't like that!
Hongjoong: That's what it sounds like.

I glance at Wooyoung and he waits for her explanation.

Sauni: I did go after Yuta for revenge but I ended up falling for him in the process.

If that's not the most cliché thing ever, I rub my temples sighing.

Sauni: It went too far and he got hurt by being wrapped up in Hanbin and I's mess.

Hanbin nods.

Hanbin: He walked in on her and I having sex, I felt bad for the guy.

It doesn't sound like he feels bad.

Eric: Do you think that situation changed Sauni at all?
Hanbin: Not sure, as I said, I don't know what she's been up to lately but I see she's in a relationship now. Congratulations.

Wooyoung says nothing, I've noticed over the years he's like Yeosang. They're both observers who don't say much until they've collected all the details. It's good to have a mind like that instead of instantly acting on anger, we all could learn from them honestly.

Seonghwa: Did you two stay together after Yuta?
Hanbin: No, she was too caught up over him and I couldn't be bothered with that so I moved on.

He hums.

Seonghwa: Would you say she's a bad person?
Hanbin: She's not a bad person at all, she just did an insensitive thing as did I.
Seonghwa: Should she be trusted?
Hanbin: I think that's up to you guys to decide. I've never seen her do anything untrustworthy until that situation. I hurt her so she tried to hurt me but hurt him in the process.

Ah, the old hurt people hurt people trope. That seems to be the pattern lately.

Me: Did her cheating on you have any effect on you?
Hanbin: If it was genuine it probably would have, it was out of her character so I knew she was being controlled by her emotions. In the end the only one who truly got hurt was Nakamoto.

Hongjoong stands up.

Hongjoong: Thats true, and on that note I'm going to go find him.

Char joins him and the two walk off, I hope he's okay.

Hanbin: I'm engaged now so I don't really care about that stuff anymore. However, I do ask that you don't hate Sauni too much for her past issues. Everyone should have room to grow she's no different.

If we're being honest this group practically condemns anyone who has hurt someone in our circle. In a sense, it's hypocritical because we've all hurt each other before and forgave each other just as easy. It's called growth, the you today may not be the you tomorrow.

Me: I agree.
Yeosang: What?
Me: I can spend all night going over the messed up things we've all done or said to each other, but I still love you all. Not saying you have to like her, but for the sake of Wooyoung at least pretend to.

Wooyoung smiles.

Wooyoung: That's the bottom line. I believe that anyone can change, I was a fucking nightmare in college.
Giselle: You were?
Wooyoung: When I wasn't taking care of you yes. Was I as bad as San? No, but I was a complete menace behind the scene.

He points at Chae.

Wooyoung: Exhibit A, I knew she was involved with Yeosang but I didn't care.

Oh boy.

Wooyoung: The me now would never do something so spiteful.
YangYang: He's right, he was a complete savage in the frat house.

Record scratch.

I look at a bored YangYang, a timid Chae and a half asleep Angel.

Is no one else seeing this? Or do they just not have the energy to care anymore?

I'll go with the second option. Angel was head over heels for YangYang who was sleeping around with Chae. Jongho mended Angel's broken heart and they've been together since. Chae and YangYang was a fail it from the start.

If Eric did his research he'd know that but I'm starting to question his skills. The boy known as Hwiyoung sighs.

Hwiyoung: Can we move this along now?
Eric: Of course! You're hear to talk about Raven correct?

The boy hums.

__

wow this probably the longest book i have right now.