chapter : 65

Char's point of view

I sigh as Hongjoong and I continue our search for Yuta. I'm angry with myself for letting the sight of Mark effect me in such a way. Hongjoong ruffles my hair softly making me smile.

Hongjoong: You scrunch up your nose and stare at the ground when you're agitated.
Me: I'm sorry.
Hongjoong: What for?
Me: The Mark thing.

He smiles, his eyes showing no signs of anger or annoyance just pure adoration.

Hongjoong: Love don't apologize, you're human. It's okay to be angry towards someone who wronged you.
Me: But I'm married now, it shouldn't have bothered me.

He shakes his head.

Hongjoong: You never really faced Mark after the whole debacle so it's normal for those suppressed feelings to come forward. Please don't feel bad baby.

I grab his hand swinging it back and forth and he giggles. A gasp leaves my lips as I spot Yuta walking towards us, I jump up and down trying to gain his attention.

Hongjoong: You're going to shake the baby Char.
Me: Oh no!

He laughs kissing my cheek, Yuta smiles a little as he approaches us.

Yuta: Is that interrogation over?
Me: No, we just came to see if your okay.
Yuta: I'm fine. I needed to walk away and cool down.
Me: How mature of you!
Yuta: I try.
Hongjoong: Do you feel like coming back with us?
Yuta: I suppose.

The three of us head back to the site, my eyes widen once we see what's happening.

A full on brawl.

Yeosang and Seonghwa is practically dragging Eric down the sidewalk. Santana is choking Ali, while Shownu attempts to pull her off, Cina has Junhoe's hair in a death grip.

Yuta: Should we walk away and pretend we didn't see anything?
Hongjoong: Yes.

I glare at them.

Me: They're our friends.
Yuta: Fine.

I let out an ear pitching scream to gain their attention, surprisingly it works. Yuta and Hongjoong groan as they cover their ears.

__

I stand in front of everyone with a disappointed look on my face.

Me: What happened?
Cina: Junhoe is a dick.
Santana: I lost my temper.
Yeosang: I want Eric decapitated.

Oh geez.

Me: I thought you all sworn off fighting now that we're older!
Yeosang: Who said that?
Santana: Not me.

I facepalm.

Eric stands there scared for his life, poor guy.

Me: I understand Eric's methods might be a bit unorthodox, but that doesn't mean that it isn't working! I don't know about you all but I'm slowly starting to understand everyone a bit more.

I point at Seonghwa.

Char: Growing up your parents were the only ones truly there for you, the only ones that loved you. So in your eyes as long as long as you had your parents, with the exception of Joong and Sang, you were okay. You don't trust easily and don't like people because you were basically sheltered.

"Read him like a book Char!"

I roll my eyes playfully at YangYang.

Me: Cina, your life has almost been taken from you on multiple occasions. So if anyone threatens to take away the people you treasure the most you become very scary.

"Preach it to the choir!"

I'm not sure why YangYang is still here but alrighty.

Me: I don't regret coming on this trip. I'm happy I got to spend time with all of you because I look at you all as a big dysfunctional family. We've fought each other, we've cried and laughed together. And I love you all so much I wouldn't change anything from the past.

Slight sniffles interrupt my speech. YangYang hugs me and I frown.

Me: Um.
YangYang: Ten is friends with all of you so I'm in the group now.
Me: Okie dokie.
__

Apparently Raven's ex-boyfriend Hwiyoung didn't get to speak because Junhoe said something slick and Cina pounced. Once she pounced Seonghwa and Yeosang followed suit, it was a true domino effect.

Eric said we could continue tomorrow when everyone calmed down and was well rested. The girls start the seafood boil while the guys sit outside drinking and talking.

Cina: Char thank you for your mini speech.
Santana: Yeah, we really needed that.

Saelee chuckles.

Saelee: It was funny seeing Cina attack someone who wasn't me for once.
Giselle: I know right?

We all laugh.

See? Dysfunctional family, but still family.

__

im on my second cup of coffee. tell me some of your favorite kpop songs so i can check them out!!