chapter : 16

Cina's point of view

It's been a week and things have really been picking up at the hospital. Thankfully, San found ten more employees because the ones that are here are already being over work. Thanks to Ten he found a reliable dentist. I smile to myself as the new recruit walks down the hall.

Me: Johnny Suh.
Johnny: Park-Kang Cina.
Me: How goes it on the third floor?
Johnny: Not too bad. I had three fillings, and two root canals. That's an easy morning.

Initially Johnny wanted to be a dental assistant, but with encouragement from his father he just decided to go all the way and be a dentist. Thank God too because that's the one thing we didn't have.

"CINA!"

Well, one of two things we didn't have...

Me: Hey Santana, you look beautiful today.

She growls. Santana is the only therapist in this building and she's been very booked and busy lately. I feel bad but I haven't had time to find anyone else, neither has she.

Santana: The receptionist on the second floor scheduled three people to see me at the same time.
Me: Is it too late to call back and change it?
Santana: I didn't know she did it until five minutes ago and those people are already here.

Oh good grief.

___

Yeosang's point of view

I planned to sleep all day on my day off but Jongho had different plans. How he ended up with a key to the house I shall never know. But here he is making a seafood boil as I sit at the counter half asleep.

Jongho: It needs more cajun spice. Do you guys have any crawfish?

I blink.

Me: Why in the world would we have that?
Jongho: To eat, no?
Me: Jackass.

He chuckles before rummaging around in the fridge. I check my phone and frown, no calls or texts from Cina. She's been so busy at the hospital lately she's barely had time to sleep. I'm kind of worried but knowing her she'll prevail.

Part of me is worried for Seonghwa too. He's too young to stress the way he does, working day in and day out can really take a toll on you. San being his partner on a few things isn't any better do to his exhausting situation with Raven.

Jongho: You're thinking too hard.
Me: Huh?
Jongho: You scrunch your nose a lot when you're overthinking.

Just like Cina, they notice people's habits quickly.

Me: I'm just worried for everyone.
Jongho: What? The Kang Yeosang worried? Expressing your feelings?

I shake my head before chuckling.

Jongho: That's normal brother in law. Life is very tricky, one day you feel like you're on top of the world and the next day you're drowning under its oceans.

I nod.

Jongho: We don't know what's next but we can only hope for the best. Don't stress yourself out thinking about the unknown.

He hands me a crab leg.

Jongho: Eat this instead.

My phone begins to ring, I furrow my eyebrows at the unknown number.

Me: Hello?

I drop my phone.

__

it is time.