chapter : 31

Cina's point of view

The girl known as Sauni seems really sweet. She's complimented me and the house like twenty times, she's nervous. The only thing that's bugging me is the fact I've been with Seonghwa for five years and he's never mentioned a sister.

The door opens and in walks the two men. They walk into the room to greet me and smile politely at Sauni. I raise an eyebrow.

Me: Why are you greeting your sister so weirdly?
Seonghwa: Who?
Me: Your sister.

He blinks.

Sauni chuckles nervously.

Sauni: Cina I didn't tell you the complete truth. I am his sister but he doesn't know it.
Seonghwa: I'm sorry? If I had a sibling I would have known. Who are you?
Sauni: Park Sauni!

Her cheerful demeanor is one I've never seen before, well besides Char. Yeosang clears his throat.

Yeosang: Sister? What makes you think that?
Sauni: Well, my mother Kim Hyejin, passed away a few weeks ago and on her death bed she told me my real father was the chairman of Park's Group.

Seonghwa scratches his head, an adorable confused expression crosses his face.

Seonghwa: You sure she meant my father's park group?

This idiot. She giggles before nodding.

Sauni: Yes.
Yeosang: How old are you?
Sauni: Twenty-four.

Oh shit.

Seonghwa: I'm twenty-six and my parents have been together since I was born, no breaks in between. So how is it you think you're my sister?
Sauni: I'm not sure all the details my mom is certain she hooked up with your dad. She even had a picture of him in her old photo albums.

My eyes widen.

He cheated? Seonghwa's eyes narrow not liking where the conversation is headed.

Sauni: I just came to meet you and hopefully see dad.
Seonghwa: Dad?

Uh oh.

Seonghwa: I don't know what kind of scamming game you're playing but how much money do you want to go away?

She scoffs.

Sauni: I don't need your money.
Seonghwa: Then you need to get the hell out of here.
Me: Her last name is Park.

He blinks unamused.

Seonghwa: Park is a common surname. Just like Lee, speaking of Lee there's a Lee Minhyuk and Lee Jooheon next door. Go bother them.
Me: Seonghwa!

He goes upstairs not saying anything else. Sauni grabs her purse before standing up, she smiles kindly at Yeosang and I.

Sauni: Sorry for causing a fuss. It's just that I never had a dad growing up and wasn't quite sure why. So when my mom revealed that I know I needed to find out the truth.

I nod understandingly.

__

Seonghwa's point of view

Before Cina or Yeosang woke up I went to my parents house to talk to my dad about what the hell is going on. I walk in the living-room to see my dad feeding my mother some grapes. I almost gag at the sight.

Dad: Son! How are you? How's my in laws?
Me: Fine and they're good.
Mom: What brings you by honey?

I glance at my mom having an internal conflict whether to bring this up or not. I don't want her to get hurt but I need to know the truth.

Me: A girl popped up at my house last night claiming to be my sister.
Dad: Oh? That's odd, did you kick her out?
Me: Do you have any idea why that would happen?

He chuckles before shaking his head.

Dad: No idea son.
Me: She said she's twenty-four.
Mom: Seems like you got to know this young woman a bit.
Me: Does the name Kim Hyejin ring a bell?

They both stop their movements.

Mom: I haven't heard that name in a long time.
Me: So you do know her? She passed away a few weeks ago.
Dad: Oh dear, that's awful.

They both look at me before sighing.

Mom: Your father and I faced challenges in the early years of our marriage, the excitement was gone and it felt really dull. So one day we decided to, um, ask one of my friends to help us liven it up.

My eyes widen.

Ew.

Ew.

Ew.

Me: You had a threesome!
Dad: You're marriage is a threesome!

Oh my God.

__

hope you all had a good day.