chapter: 73

Raven's point of view

I smile as Hwiyoung sits next to me.

Hwiyoung: You have some interesting friends.

I look over to see Xiaojun putting Changkyun in a headlock.

Me: Yeah, they're something.
Hwiyoung: I heard about your divorce. Are you okay?
Me: Yes.

It's always best to end things with someone on a peaceful note. That way there's no regrets and no animosity when you decide to focus on your future. That's part of the reason why when Hwiyoung walked in I wasn't worried. Our breakup was mutual and ended well, there's not a single negative thing I have to say about him. The same goes for San.

He ruffles my hair making me smile.

Hwiyoung: I ran into Hendery not too long ago. He wasn't all that happy to see me.

Brothers, gotta' love them.

Me: Yeah he's always been protective.
Hwiyoung: Which is funny because you were the one always protecting him growing up.

We both laugh, that's true.

Hwiyoung: I didn't get a chance to speak due to all the commotion but I'm pretty sure you know my feelings towards you. We were young and didn't know how to have a proper relationship, but I did care about you.

He smiles softly.

Hwiyoung: I'm single just to let you know.

I slap his shoulder playfully.

Me: The ink isn't even dry on the divorce papers yet!
Hwiyoung: It's for future reference, whenever your ready I'm ready.
Me: It'll be a while, I have some self building to do.

He nods.

Hwiyoung: I'll always wait for you Raven.

__

Cina's point of view

On my way out of the bathroom I pause as I see Sauni leaning against the wall holding her stomach in pain.

Me: Are you okay?

She forces a smile before nodding. I sigh, what's the point in lying to a doctor? I place my hand against her forehead.

Me: You're burning up.
Sauni: I just need to lay down for a second.

I help her to her room and she thanks me.

Me: How long have you been in pain like this?
Sauni: A few days, nothing to worry about though.

Wooyoung walks in, a surprised expression once he sees me.

Me: Hi, I was just helping her to your room. She doesn't feel good.

He glances at her sadly before sighing.

Wooyoung: She's pregnant.

My eyes widen, so that was her stick Saelee and I found!

Wooyoung: But she's been in an abnormal amount of pain lately.
Me: Really? What does it feel like?
Sauni: Really dull pain, I'm always nauseous and feverish.

She rolls up her stomach so I can gently press down on it, once I push on a certain spot she cries out in pain.

Appendicitis.

Me: I would need to run a test in the lab to make sure but I'm pretty positive it's your appendix giving you trouble.
Sauni: Oh that's just great.

I smile sadly.

Me: It's better to take care of this sooner than later.
Wooyoung: I'll take her to the emergency room now then.
Me: Don't worry Sauni, appendix removal is far more common than you would think. The complication rate is low, even for pregnant women.

She tries to sit up, a whine leaves her lip as Wooyoung tries to help her.

Sauni: Thank you Cina.
Me: No problem!

__

I go downstairs to let everyone know Wooyoung and Sauni had to leave for a bit. I tried to respect their privacy by not giving away too many details.

My husbands however are nosy so Yeosang held my hands behind my back while Seonghwa tickled me until I told them.

Seonghwa: Wow, we knew she was pregnant but didn't know she was in pain.
Me: You knew she was pregnant and didn't tell me!

They shrug.

Yeosang: It wasn't our business to tell.
Me: You just forced me to tell.
Seonghwa: Well you're a sub so..

He hoops my nose as I frown, assholes.

Yeosang: Our trip is ending soon.
Me: I know.

I sigh taking a seat on the bench, they sit on each side of me. Yeosang rubs my shoulder gently while Seonghwa pokes my cheek.

Seonghwa: What's wrong?
Me: I feel like I failed everyone with this trip.
Yeosang: How so?
Me: It's been a disaster from the start.

He hums.

Seonghwa: I understand why you think that, but at the same time your goal was achieved.

A smile appears on his face as he points towards a laughing Yuta and Xiaojun.

Seonghwa: They rarely talked until this trip, now there the best of friends. San and Raven's marriage may have ended but it granted them both a fresh start and look.

Jongho is in the corner pouting as Saelee and Angel scrape his pasta salad into the garbage off their plates.

Yeosang: They've came to a common ground.
Seonghwa: I can say with confidence Monsta-x are my friends.
Yeosang: Santana and San have been calling each other twin nonstop for the past week.

I giggle. When she came home from the hospital he screamed it to the top of his lungs.

Yeosang: Just because there were a few bumps in the road doesn't mean your goal wasn't completed.

Hwa nods.

Seonghwa: As much as I hate to admit this, we're all one big family. And it all started with you Cina.

__

seonghwa best boy