chapter : 40

Santana's point of view

A friend and marriage retreat?

Park-Kang Cina has officially lost her marbles everyone. I flip through paperwork trying to ignore the girl bouncing excitedly in front of my desk.

Me: Now why in the world do you think all of us going on a trip together would be a good idea?
Cina: Why wouldn't it be?

I frown.

Me: Did you put extra sugar in your frosted flakes this morning?
Cina: Yeah, so what!

I sigh before smiling sadly.

Me: I know what you're trying to do.
Cina: I'm just trying to take our group of friends on vacation.
Me: You're trying to distract me.
Cina: That too.

She's sweet, but nothing can ever take my mind off this day. What kills me the most is it's literally two days after my birthday, that's why I have a love hate relationship with my own day.

Me: I'm okay, honestly.
Cina: You know I don't believe you right?
Me: I know, and I also know everyone will be watching me and calling me every ten minutes.

I glance down at my vibrating phone, it's Yeosang. Twenty minutes ago it was Hongjoong and before that Seonghwa and Jay.

I'm blessed to have each and everyone of them in my life.

__

Yuta's point of view

Usually I have my maid crew do the grocery shopping for me but after them bringing home ground turkey instead of ground beef I simply can't have that.

"Yuta?"

I turn around to see Raven, she smiles at me tucking a piece of her short black hair behind her ear.

Me: Hey.
Raven: Hi, I seen you at Santana's party but didn't get the chance to say anything.
Me: Oh yeah, sorry about that.

She waves her hand dismissively.

Raven: No worries, how's the modeling life treating you?
Me: Pros and cons, can't really complain.
Raven: Nakamoto being Nakamoto I see.
Me: Meaning?
Raven: So nonchalant about everything. You're Korea's it boy right now.

I chuckle shaking my head.

Me: That doesn't mean much to me.
Raven: See? Same old Yuta.
Me: I heard about the babies, I'm sorry I couldn't visit you guys sooner.
Raven: Oh, thank you.

We walk side by side down the aisle catching up on things. I haven't really heard from her since college, she hasn't changed much either. The only thing different is her wedding ring.

Raven: The weirdest thing is I got an invitation in the mail from Cina about a marriage and friend retreat.
Me: Me too.

She laughs.

Raven: Are you going to go?

I hum.

Me: If I say no, Char will be sad and if she's sad Hongjoong will bring hell to this earth. So I guess I'll entertain whatever Mrs.Park-Kang wants to do.
Raven: San was excited.

She sighs.

Raven: It's crazy you know? Back in college it seemed like everyone hated each other, now they're all friends.
Me: Nothing really mattered in college.

She looks at me, she clearly wants to say something but doesn't.

Hm.

__

Cina's point of view

I hide under the bed as Yeosang and Seonghwa run around the house looking for me.

"CINA WHERE ARE YOU? IM GOING TO SPANK YOU RAW."

Ouch.

"A RETREAT? AND YOU INVITED EVERYONE!"

"WHO'S CREDIT CARD DID YOU PUT THIS ON?"

I roll my eyes, as if I'm not a successful surgeon with my own money.

I put it on Yeosang's.

I scream as someone grabs my ankles and yanks me from under the bed. Seonghwa glares at me as I wave at him.

Seonghwa: You wanna' explain why San called me absolutely giddy about this getaway you have planned?

Yeosang folds his arms.

Me: Well, the trip to Paris Yeosang had Taeyun plan got me thinking we could all use a vacation. And with Santana being sad this time of the year she could really use it..

They're not budging.

Me: She's my bestfriend and I love her so much and..and..

I start to "cry" making Yeosang's eyes widen, Seonghwa squints not really buying it until I throw in a hiccup for a little extra razzle dazzle.

Seonghwa: Okay, okay. Stop crying princess.

Boom.

Yeosang: You're still getting spanked.

Not boom.

__

THIS RETREAT,, MAN OH MAN.