chapter : 34

Santana's point of view

Me: A married women?

He nods.

Xiaojun: I think I love her. I never experienced love before, that's not my style. But whenever I see her my chest does this little fluttery thing and I hate it.

He looks up at the ceiling smiling.

Xiaojun: She reminds me of myself in a lot of ways. She doesn't take anyone's shit, she has a high level of confidence, she's strong, sexy and honest with herself and everyone around her.

I hum.

Me: You sound very fond of her, how long have you known her?
Xiaojun: A few years now.
Me: Is she happily married?
Xiaojun: I think so and that's the bottom line for me. As long as she's happy I'll be okay.

He pauses to stare at me.

Xiaojun: You're happy right Santana?

__

Saleee's point of view

The sound of banging wakes me up from my nap. I go to open the door and San immediately charges in slamming me against the wall. I wince as he pins me in place by my shoulders.

Me: San, what the hell!
San: Shut up.

His eyes darken making me scared.

San: Were you pregnant by me?

My eyes widen, I go to say something but the words won't come out. My mouth just opens and close like a fish out of water. He chuckles, but there's no trace of humor in it.

San: Why didn't you tell me?
Me: I-I wanted to but..
San: But what!

I flinch at his tone.

Me: When I went to find you, you were with some girl.

His eyes soften.

Me: So I went home and cried about it, like I always did when it came to you. A few days later I had to go to the hospital due to a miscarriage.

His hands fall from my shoulders as he shakes his head. Stepping away, running a hand through his hair.

San: Why wouldn't you tell me? Why would you choose to go through that alone?
Me: I didn't think you would care.
San: Why wouldn't I care about something like that?
Me: You never cared about anything pertaining to me!
San: That's not true!

We both stare at each other with watery eyes.

Me: You pushed me away countless of times because you were too afraid to admit you loved me, what the hell would you have done if you found out I was pregnant?

He doesn't say anything.

Me: I didn't keep that secret to myself to hurt you, I just didn't know how to tell you.

I scoff.

Me: So much for patient confidentiality between Santana and I.

His eyebrows furrow together.

San: She must be great at her job because she didn't tell me this.
Me: Then who did?
San: Jongho.

I sigh.

San: He didn't do it out of spite, he just needed to get it off his chest.
Me: I understand. Telling him that put him in an awkward situation.

San nods not saying anything.

Me: I'm sorry.
San: I'm sorry as well, I failed you in a lot of ways.

He pulls me into a comforting hug and for the first time in a while I cry not out of sadness but out of relief.

__

goodmorning