chapter : 15

Cina's point of view

Santana stares in awe at our new work place.

Santana: This isn't a private practice Cina this is a whole fucking hospital!

I can see the nervousness in her eyes, I sigh before tossing an arm around her.

Me: You and I will turn this into the best medical facility this town has ever seen.
Santana: Is there even enough staff? Doctors? Nurses? Chefs for the cafeteria? Emts?
Me: We're getting there.

The door opens and Ten walks in with a huge smile on his face. He glances around nodding his head approvingly.

Ten: I was nervous about quitting but seeing this place makes me feel a thousand times better. How the hell did he pull this off?
Me: You watched Cinderella and the four knights right?

He nods.

Me: Seonghwa is kind of like that old grandpa.
Ten: His money is long.
Me: Just like his di..-

To my surprise San walks in followed by twenty other people, some wearing white coats some nursing scrubs and others casual business attire.

San: Guys I want you to meet the chief of surgery, chief of cardio and part owner of this place, Doctor Park-Kang.

They all clap and cheer making me extremely shy.

San: Chief of psychologist, Doctor..-

San sighs.

San: Sannie I love you but you have too many surnames.
Santana: Doctor Kang is fine.
Me: Twinsies.

Ten laughs before shaking his head.

San: Chief of neurosurgery, Doctor Lee.
Ten: It's nice to meet you all.
Me: Agreed, we look forward to working with you all!

This is going to be the best thing ever.

__

This is the worse thing ever.

As a doctor I've never been so bored. I look through the data base and nothing, no appointments, no calls, no new patients.

Santana: It's to be expected no one knows who or where we are yet. Don't be too discouraged.

I smile, the TV in the waiting room starts to play Seonghwa's press conference. Ten turns it up so we can have a clear sound.

"Today is the grand opening to a lot of businesses under us, but I'm most proud to announce our first ever private practice ran by my very own wife Park-Kang Cina.."

The new receptionist, Lisa, sends me a thumbs up and I chuckle. The phone begins to ring and she answers it.

Lisa: Uh new patient packet? Sure we'll send one right out to you.

As soon as she hangs up the phone rings again and again, I hug Santana and she giggles.

__

Seonghwa's point of view

I soak in the tub trying to melt off the stress of today. I called my dad in an effort to tell him everyone he hired years ago are idiots but he told me to leave him alone while he's sun-bathing on a nudist beach.

That was way too much information for me.

The bathroom door opens and Cina skips in wearing a face mask with her hair in grandma curlers. She waves at me before beginning to brush her teeth.

There's another bathroom in this house.

Yeosang walks in digging through the medicine basket to find some Advil. Once he does he takes it and begins to brush his teeth as well.

Me: So is privacy not a thing in this house?
Yeosang: There's no privacy in marriage.
Me: I don't remember agreeing to that.

Cina spits out her mouthwash before glancing at me.

Cina: You agreed when you said I do.

Yeah, I sure did. I wouldn't trade these fools for the world either.

__

smh.