chapter : 18

Cina's point of view

She's dead.

My hands begin to shake violently and I begin to cry. The nurse rubs my back soothing, she assumes I'm upset at the loss of a patient. And I am but this isn't just any patient.

Jandi and I have had our ups and downs, we've never been friends but she made Giselle happy. Giselle being happy made San happy, which made me happy.

Nurse: Her family arrived a half hour ago.

Oh my God.

I peel off my gloves and other bloody protection gear. I wash my hands thoroughly trying to hold back my tears. I've had a few patients die on me before and it was sad don't get me wrong but this? This was far too close for home.

I go into the waiting room and to my dismay San is the first person I see. He runs right up to me with Giselle behind him.

San: Cina! They said you were the surgeon for Jandi, how'd it go?

I want to hug him and Giselle.

I want to crawl up in a ball and cry.

I want to beg them for forgiveness.

But I can't, I have to speak to them as if they were any other patient's family.

Me: San, Giselle I'm sorry. We did all we..-

I couldn't finish my sentence before Giselle fell out crying. San catches her before she can fall, the scene breaks my heart. She begins to hyperventilate and San tries to soothe her.

But there's no such thing as soothing someone who just lost their fiancé.

"Cina!"

I turn around confused as I see Yeosang and Jongho.

Me: Guys, did you come with San?

Jongho raises an eyebrow.

Jongho: No, but how is Jandi?

I shake my head sadly. Both their eyes widen out of shock.

Yeosang: Do you have any news on Seonghwa?
Me: News? What're you talking about?

It becomes silent.

Jongho: You don't know?
Me: Know what?
Yeosang: He was in that pile up. He was rushed here.

The feeling of the world crashing down in front of you is enough to take your breath away, to make your knees buckle.

Everything at that moment becomes tuned out, even the sound of Giselle screaming and crying. I don't think about anything as I run to the operating room. I faintly hear them calling my name but I don't think about that, I need to get to him.

__

I jolt up once a hand lands smack down on my ass, I glare at the boy.

Me: What the hell? Who do you think you are? You can't touch me like that!

He raises an eyebrow before pointing to his phone.

Seonghwa: You know what it was when you signed up princess.

__

He's at the stove cooking and singing. I pause my steps once the angelic noise fills my ears, I smile.

He turns around and a girl like scream leaves his lips.

Me: Uh, hi?
Seonghwa: Don't scare me like that!

I giggle.

Me: Sorry.

He pulls me into a warm hug and I practically melt in his embrace. Being in his arms makes me feels safe, he places a kiss to my forehead while rubbing my back.

__

Seonghwa: I'm stressed. I just needed something or someone in my life to distract me from the mayhem.
Me: I'm sorry, I had no idea.

He reaches for my hand and smile.

Seonghwa: Don't apologize it's not your fault.

He stares at me for a while not saying anything just smiling. I look into his eyes and they're warm, filled with adoration.

Seonghwa: Cina.
Me: Seonghwa.

He gulps.

Seonghwa: I love you.

__

On my way to the operation room Ten and I bump into each other.

Ten: Cina..
Me: Ten..

I let out a shaky breath.

Me: D-don't say those words, do not say those words. Give me good news please, please?

My vision becomes faint, my heartbeat becomes so loud I can hear it in my ears. It's hard to breathe, and then everything goes black.

__

EYE FAIL TO SEE HOW THIS IS MY FAULT WHEN YALL VOTED.