chapter: 75

Cina's point of view

Old people can be very stubborn making my job a thousand times more harder than it has to be.

Me: This heart transplant can save your life Wilfred.

He shakes his head.

Wilfred: Who said I wanted my life saved?

I sigh, Wilfred has been awaiting a heart for a few months now. He finally has a donor but for some reason no longer wants to have the surgery.

Me: Care to tell me why you don't want the surgery?
Wilfred: Doesn't it bother you? Someone needing to die for another to live?

Of course it bothers me, it bothers me every time.

Me: Yes, but that person signed up to be a donor so another person can live.

He scoffs glancing out the window.

Wilfred: Sounds honorable, dying so someone can live.

He shakes his head denying the heart for the tenth time. Once the nurse comes in with his lunch, I give up for the day. Hopefully tomorrow he's in a better mood so we can do this as soon as possible.

Santana comes matching down the hallway looking just as annoyed and conflicted as me.

Me: My patient doesn't want a heart.
Santana: Mine doesn't want meds.

"Respect their decisions!"

Johnny comes gliding down the hallway, he's wearing those sneakers with the little skate on the bottom.

Santana: Oh shut up, shouldn't you be pulling out a wisdom tooth?
Johnny: Someone's in a bad mood.

We all go into the cafeteria except Ten, he's in a five hour surgery right now. Seonghwa and Yeosang are both busy with work so I have to eat the food here. I poke the unappetizing sandwich.

Santana: We need new cooks back there. Healthy food doesn't have to be so nasty.

She's right! A lightbulb just went off in my head.

Me: Do you think Char knows any good chefs?
Santana: Maybe, I could ask.
Me: That'd be great. Johnny are you busy up there?

He shakes his head taking a small bite of his grapefruit.

Johnny: It's been pretty calm and rather quick procedures. The new dentist you got up there is really nice, she's talented too.

I smile but it quickly melts away when I see Santana's glare.

Me: I'm trying!
Santana: Try faster!

When hiring therapists it isn't easy. I need to make sure they have a mindset similar to Santana's. Yes, it's her job to help people but she also cares what happens in the long run.

A lot of therapist could give you advice and medicine just because they're suppose to without caring about your best interest. I don't need or want someone like that working here.

However, I need to hurry up so Santana can stopped being so overworked.

Johnny: I know someone who's graduating college soon to be a psychologist. I could introduce you to them.
Me: Really?
Johnny: Of course, they can stop by this evening if you want.
Me: Yes! That would be amazing!

__

Oh hell no.

YangYang waves mockingly.

__

my sons