chapter : 29

Hongjoong's point of view

Xiaojun blinks at me.

Xiaojun: Running her bakery? Do I look like the fucking pillsbury doughboy to you?

He scoffs.

Me: She's your little sister who's going through her first pregnancy, have a heart.
Xiaojun: What is it with everyone asking me for favors lately? Why can't you ask Cina or little lamb?
Me: Who?

He rolls his eyes.

Xiaojun: Cina or Santana.
Me: They're a little busy running their hospital. You aren't doing anything.
Xiaojun: I'm running a mafia.
Me: Which is illegal.
Xiaojun: Are you blackmailing me?

I shrug, smiling nonchalantly.

Xiaojun: I didn't think you were so evil.
Me: I'd do anything for Char.
Xiaojun: Even if it means turning in your brother in law?
Me: Just run the bakery.

__

Santana's point of view

Before work Cina and I decide to stop by Char's bakery and grab some muffins. We walk in and a few of the workers welcome us. The smell of cinnamon and cookies fill the air.

Me: Is Char here?

The waitress known as Yuna shakes her head.

Yuna: She's taking some time off to rest, someone is here to fill in.

Cina and I exchange looks before going in the back where Char usually is. Imagine my surprise when we see Xiaojun cursing while a pink apron hangs on his waist.

Me: Well, isn't this a sight?

He turns around and sighs.

Xiaojun: Baking is annoying.
Cina: I'm surprised Char trusted you with her bakery.
Xiaojun: Me too.

He dumps what seems like way too much sugar into the mixing bowl.

Me: We came for muffins but if you had a hand in making them then never mind.
Xiaojun: Shut up, my desserts taste just fine.

Judging from how he cringed after tasting that batter he's lying.

Xiaojun: Why did Char hire a bunch of teenagers? They're lazy and do the bare minimum.

I shrug.

Me: Getting a job when you're that young is kind of a challenge so Char..

He groans.

Xiaojun: Why is she such a sap!
Cina: She loves people.
Xiaojun: Yeah well, I plan on firing them all.

We gasp.

Cina: You can't do that!
Xiaojun: What's the point in having them around when they suck?

He has a point but surely there has to be some other solution?

__

Seonghwa and Yeosang's eyes widen.

Yeosang: The bakery?
Seonghwa: No, I love Char and Joong but I refuse. I have to catch up on a bunch of things at my own company.

Cina whines.

Cina: You guys have more days off in a week than I do, plus you don't have to stay there for hours! He just needs a little help helping her.

Seonghwa shakes his head.

Seonghwa: A company is like a centipede, it can't continue with a few busted legs. Those employees are busted legs, get rid of them.

Yeosang nods.

Cina: They're teenagers, this is their first job. They just need a little bit of guidance.

Both boys begin to whine.

Me: I have an idea

__

I toss myself on top of Kihyun as he lies in bed. He smiles softly before kissing my lips.

Me: So you guys are on vacation for a while hm?
Kihyun: Yes, after doing so well on the combined tour with Infinity the CEO said we can rest for a few months.

I nod.

Me: And what do you plan on doing?
Kihyun: Resting, spending some time with my wife and interacting with monbebes. Why?
Me: Well, I need your help.

__

Raven's point of view

Giselle and I sit on the porch not saying a word. We watch the cars go by, and the birds chirp. This has been an everyday routine ever since Jandi's funeral.

She'll come over and we both sit on the porch for hours. I don't mind it actually, I rather she come over here than drink herself into depression.

Giselle: Raven?

I hum.

Giselle: Does the pain ever ease?
Me: Eventually, you begin to realize you have to push on. You have to live for them, live for her.

She wipes her tears before sighing.

Giselle: We just bought our house together and I hate being in it. Everything reminds me of her, her stuff is still in our room. I sleep on the couch because I can't handle it, I feel so alone.

It breaks my heart seeing her like this. Back in college was one thing but this girl is actually family now, my sister in law.

Me: You're not alone.

She smiles sadly.

__

so who do y'all thing is Wooyoung's girlfriend? hehe