chapter : 42

Cina's point of view

Why would I do this dumbass idea? At first it seemed like a cool plan, now that everyone is in the same vicinity I regret everything.

Xiaojun looks like he hates everything, Sauni is clearly uncomfortable, Saelee keeps popping her gum uninterested and Angel is clinging to Jongho for dear life.

Seonghwa's dad told us to take the private plane so we can avoid unnecessary airport chaos. So now we're just waiting until we get the okay that everything is set up. I grab Char and Santana's hands dragging them into the kitchen.

Char: Not so fast, you know I waddle.
Me: Char you're only two months pregnant, you barely have a stomach.
Char: True but I still feel wobbly.

I smile before shaking my head.

Me: Guys I need you to really help me on this trip. I want everyone to have a good time and form unforeseen bonds!

They stare at me like I'm crazy.

Santana: Okay but why?
Me: Because we're all going through a rough time and it would be nice to just lean on each other.

Char grins nodding her head.

Char: I think it's a cute idea!
Santana: Fine, but it comes to blows I'm not breaking anything up.

Yay!

__

Yeosang thinks he's so funny shoving me in a seat next to Saelee. I glare at him as he walks down the aisle sitting in between Hongjoong and Seonghwa. Char is on my other side but she's dosing off, her energy has been on zero lately.

For the first half hour Saelee stares out the window basically refusing to look forward or at me. Yeosang told me all about the apology she gave him a few weeks ago, touching, but I still don't know.

She's my sister in law so I don't want to hate her but the past is so ugly with us. But if I continue to dislike her what was this trip for?

I sigh.

Me: How's dancing going?

She snaps her neck towards me, eyes widen as if she can't believe I'm talking to her.

Saelee: It's good. How's the hospital?
Me: It has its ups and downs but I love it.
Saelee: Good, I'm happy for you.

"STOP TOUCHING ME!"

"MOVE YOUR FUCKING KNEE THEN."

I sigh, this is going to be a long trip.

Someone slaps the top of my head making me whine. I whip around and Yuta smiles innocently at me.

Yuta: Can you move your seat up? I have long legs.
Me: Go to hell Nakamoto.
Yuta: I am, I agreed to your trip didn't I?
Me: One more crack like that and I'm telling Char.
Yuta: Tattletale.

__

Bora Bora is so beautiful I could cry.

I feel so refreshed and happy, I've only been here for five minutes and I feel like a new women. There's five different vans to transport us to the resort where our retreat will take place.

I look down at my wedding ring and smile, it's so pretty. Seonghwa notices me looking and chuckles before kissing my cheek.

Seonghwa: Aren't you happy you downloaded that app five years ago?
Me: I am. Yeosang aren't you happy we had that threesome four years ago.

"EW!"

I grin at Jongho, oops.

Once we reach the house we'll all be staying in Yeosang's eyes turn to flames. When I said I used his card to do this trip, I used it to do everything.

Yeosang: Park Cina.

Oh he's pissed, he took his last name.

Me: Aht aht, you cant murder me in front of everyone.

"I seen nothing!"

These people are impossible.

Yeosang: This mansion sleeps thirty people. We're here for four to five days, how much is this a night?
Me: Trust me you do not want to know.

He blinks.

Thankfully, our marriage and friend counselor for the week greets us with a large smile on his face.

Him: Welcome everyone, my name is Eric and I'll be your guide to helping you repair, strengthen and magnify your relationships and friendships.

He points to a large hill not too far from us.

Eric: Get very familiar with that hill, it's called honesty.
Santana: Honesty?
Eric: Yes, as corny as this is about to sound it's where the complete and honest truth is told. You take one person and tell them the raw reality of something, what's said is between you guys.

Seonghwa raises his hand.

Seonghwa: Do we have to?
Eric: Yes! On day three you'll all pick someone and tell them something that you feel like is preventing
the growth in your relationship.
Seonghwa: Oh joy..

I elbow him, Eric claps his hand together.

Eric: This trip is either going to make or break you. I'm excited!

__

writing is like my first love and lately i've been feeling insecure about it. i think i'll be okay and move through this little funk. as always, thanks for dealing with me ❤️.