chapter : 14

Cina's point of view

I frown as Seonghwa leads me into a wall for the tenth time.

Me: Don't blindfold me if you can't lead right!
Seonghwa: Shut up we're almost there.

He woke me up at six this morning for a "surprise" I barely had time to wash my face before he dragged me out the house. Now my stomach is throwing up gang signs, I need food.

Seonghwa: You ready?

I nod my head. He begins to untie the blindfold, I gasp once my eyes adjust to the light. I'm standing in an empty hospital, my hospital.

I drag my fingertips across the receptionist desk, admiring the mahogany wood. A large untouched white board covers the wall waiting for schedules and procedures to be put on it. Posters of random health facts occupy the other walls as well as any awards I got in college.

Seonghwa: The team worked two days straight so you'll be able to open whenever you want. San picked out some pretty good employees but..-

I throw my arms around him trying to control my tears. He rubs my back gently before chuckling.

Seonghwa: My princess is happy, yeah?

I nod.

Me: I'm beyond happy.

I squeeze him tighter not wanting to let go.

__

I barge into Santana's house. Shownu sits on the couch reading a book, he pauses to look at me before pointing towards the kitchen.

Santana is standing at the counter frosting cupcakes in her own little world. Changkyun smiles fondly at the girl as he sits at the table writing.

Me: I hope you're ready for work tomorrow.

She grins.

Santana: Sorry boss, I was actually thinking about calling off.
Me: Yeah okay, I'd kill you.

I steal one of the chocolate cupcakes humming happily. This is all I ever wanted in life, stability and happiness. There's always that feeling of paranoia about the unknown but that's part of life. You can let it bother you or you can keep pushing.

Santana: Does my office have a window view?
Me: Honestly I didn't make it to the second floor before I started crying.

She giggles before shaking her head.

Santana: I have an idea. What if I got your practice to be home to a few idols for primary care?

I begin to choke on the cupcake. Her eyes widen, a glass of water is put in front of me.

Minhyuk: You dying in here would be horrible. Monsta-x kills world renowned surgeon isn't a good headline.

I chuckle before thanking him.

Me: I'm not world renowned.
Minhyuk: Yet, I have faith in you guys.

He smiles kindly and I squeal.

Me: He's so sweet!

Santana raises an eyebrow.

Santana: He's an asshole.
Minhyuk: I'm standing right here.
Santana: Minhyuk the love of my life, how are you?

He rolls his eyes playfully before kissing her cheek.

__

I straddle Yeosang's lap squishing his face out of boredom.

Yeosang: Cina.
Me: Master.

He chuckles wrapping a hand loosely around my throat. He gives it a gentle squeeze and I smirk.

Yeosang: Has it been two weeks?

"No it's been one. Don't let that jezebel convince you otherwise!"

Seonghwa bites his burrito, and I glare at him.

Me: This is just cruel.
Seonghwa: Shouldn't you be resting for work tomorrow?

I smile, bouncing up and down slightly until Yeosang stops me.

Yeosang: You're bending it.

My eyes widen.

Me: Sorry!

They both laugh.

___

the votes are locked in.