chapter : 37

Yeosang's point of view

"OKAY, WE'RE GONNA' SING A SONG BY MONSTER-X!"

"IT'S MONSTA-X!"

"MONSTA-SEX!"

"MONSTA-X!"

"HAMSTUH-S!"

Changkyun facepalms as a drunk Cina and Santana take the stage.

"HAKUNA MATATA YA!"

Me: That's not Monsta-x, that's by that group Ateez!
Cina: What? You wanna' see my tit..-

Thanks the heavens that Santana takes the mic and begins to sing absolute gibberish.

Changkyun: Jooheon go get your wife.
Jooheon: That's your wife too!
Me: Seonghwa go get your wife.
Seonghwa: Nah, what happened to I saw her first?
Me: Shut up.

__

As if the night couldn't get anymore wild when BTS walked in things went ape shit. Apparently they're one of Santana's favorite artist so Kihyun invited them, but what I failed to realize is that Cina loves them too.

Seonghwa: She's hugging that cat dude way too tight for my liking.
Me: Yoongi?
Seonghwa: Whatever.

I chuckle shaking my head. Finally Yuta and Hongjoong makes an appearance again, they've been missing for hours.

Me: You okay?

Yuta nods scanning around the room, he sees something or someone and scoffs.

Me: You wanna' explain what happened?
Yuta: Sauni can't be trusted bottom line.

Seonghwa shrugs.

Seonghwa: Fine with me.

I look over at the girl giggling and dancing with Wooyoung, they seem happy; genuinely happy. So what's the issue with Sauni?

I'll pry into it another night, I don't want to ruin Santana's birthday with this nonsense. Xiaojun stands there smoking a cigar looking like he's bored out of his mind. Meanwhile, San is dancing with Raven while Giselle fights to stay away from the bar. Char notices and begins to talk to Giselle.

"Am I late?"

Ten stumbles in out of breath with an unbottoned blazer.

Yuta: Not really.
Ten: My surgery went longer than expected.
Me: At least you came.
Ten: Did Mingi and Yunho not show up?

I yawn.

Me: Mingi posted on twitter they were eloping.
Ten: The point of eloping is for it to be in secrecy.
Me: That's Song Mingi for you.

Ten sighs.

__

I carry Cina on my back up the stairs, I toss her on the bed and she snores. She's going to be so hungover in the morning. Seonghwa calls my name from downstairs and I go see what he wants. I roll my eyes once I see Saelee standing in the doorway.

Saelee: Lets take a walk.
Me: It's three in the morning. I'm not..-
Saelee: Kang Yeosang! Come take a fucking walk!

My eyes widen and Seonghwa snaps.

Seonghwa: She told you.

I glare at him before walking outside. We begin to stroll down the street with no particular destination, she sighs before looking up to the sky.

Saelee: I'm sorry.
Me: You've gave me this apology before.

She shakes her head.

Saelee: I'm not apologizing about the wedding again, I'm apologizing for you turning out the way you did.

My eyebrows furrow.

Saelee: Your disconnect from people, not wanting or caring to get close to others. Unnecessary blunt and coldness at first look. All my fault.
Me: You're giving yourself too much credit there.

She scoffs.

Me: How I act isn't because of anything, it's me, it's who I am.
Saelee: Except it's not.
Me: If I wanted a counselor I'd go see one. You're the last person I want advice from.

She doesn't say anything as we continue walking down the block.

Saelee: Did you know I was pregnant?
Me: You weren't.
Saelee: Except I was.
Me: When?
Saelee: By San.

I pause my footsteps.

Saelee: I had a miscarriage.
Me: And you didn't tell me!
Saelee: I didn't even tell him. He didn't find out until a few days ago and he didn't here it from me. That's how much of a coward I am.

I stare at her not knowing what to say. Most of our childhood was me protecting her, but hearing that makes me feel like I failed. She had to go through that alone, it sickens me.

Me: I'm sorry.
Saelee: You have no reason to be. You were a great brother, I was always the problem child.

She hums softly, a song my mom use to sing to us when we were kids; on the rare occasion that she was home of course.

Saelee: I feel like I brought a lot of unnecessary drama and stress to your life.
Me: Where is all this coming from?
Saelee: Therapy, self reflecting. I know I'm not the best person in the world but I also know I'm not a bad person either.

I know that too.

Saelee: And I'm done living and moving around as if I am. You're my brother Sang, I want to be in your life. I want to be a good sister to you and a good aunt to your future kids.

Her tears begin to fall, but the smile on her face never leaves.

Saelee: Be my brother again?

I thump her in the forehead.

Me: I never stopped being your brother you dumbass.

She pulls me into a hug.

__

im bouta flip the switch