Testing Pt. 2

You dodged another blow before delivering a powerful punch at the hologram. Your senses went off and you jumped out of the way as the fake thug tried to slammed his crowbar on your head. You clenched your fist and brought out your claws which you used to catch the crowbar. You swipped it from him and punched the simulation in the jaw which caused it to shatter into the blue triangles you were used to seeing.

Right now you were getting your stamina tested. You were currently on wave 12 after a good 5 minutes of non stop fighting. You were still getting a hang of your claws. Last night you spent a good two hours practicing in your room. You got it down enough to bring them out and retract them but moving with them was a bit difficult. You got a general understanding of your senses thanks to Spidey explaining how it worked. You were now able to tell that the tingling was more powerful in the direction of the threat.

If it was stronger in your right arm, the enemy was attacking to your right. If it was on your left, the attack was coming from the left. That kind of thing. Your strength was also useful to you. You were watching some show last night and got some ideas you had been testing out. One idea was using your strength by leaping around to quickly maneuver the battlefield. You would leap from the street to a nearby building which you used to launch yourself back down towards an enemy.

You also tested your healing factor last night in the kitchen when Spidey left for the day. It hurt like hell when you cut your arm with the kitchen knife. You were in awe when you saw that it had healed in mere moments. Not a single trace of a scar or even a mark.

Spidey: Good work kid! Keep it up.

He was on a nearby wall recording the results of your testing. You didn't argue. You were actually having fun trying out new moves. It was also cool to get used to these new and strange powers. Your feet landed on the brick building and launched yourself down onto another thug which ended the round. Spidey added in some more thugs and began the next wave of attackers. You began to push yourself a bit harder just to see how fast you could end things. Mostly out of curiosity.

Suddenly your body began to feel a bit warmer. It wasn't that tingling feeling either. You created enough space to be able to look at your hand. Why was it so hot? It was sizzling. Aaaaannnndddd now your hand is one fire. You stared at it for a moment until your senses went off and you moved to avoid being hit. You decided to try something put and pointed your hand towards the thug. You then focused the heat in your hand before a ball of fire was fired from your palm. The fire ball hit the thug who burst into a bunch of triangles.

Y/N: WOAH!

Spidey: Fire to?!

Spidey ended the simulation and jumped off the wall. He walked towards you while you watched the flames dance on the tips of your fingers. You recalled how you retracted your claws and tried the same thing. The fire faded to nothing with made you smile.

Y/N: I think I'm getting a hang of this.

Spidey: So you have fire powers. This just opened up more tests.

Y/N: Damn it.

Cap: Language.

You spun around and watched Cap enter the room with a smile on his face. His mask was pulled down since the whole world pretty much knew who he was. Steve Rogers.

Spidey: Hey Cap! Didn't know you were stopping by.

Cap: I figured I should check in on our friend here.

You're the friend.

Y/N: Well turns out I have more powers than just super strength.

Cap: I read the files. Looks like you got another one.

You nodded and lifted your hand. You focused the heat to your hand which caught on fire.

Y/N: This is so cool.

Cap watched you mess around with a amused look on his face. While you were distracted, he turned to Spidey.

Cap: You figure out how he has all these powers?

Spidey shook his head.

Spidey: Mr. Richards couldn't find a match using his blood. The DNA results should be here in a couple of days.

Cap: So he has claws like Logan, strength like me, senses like you, and now fire like Johnny.

Spidey: Definitely weird. He's a good kid though. Once we get through the testing and get on with the training, he'll make a great addition to the team.

Cap looked back to you to see you attempting to set your claws on fire.

Cap: Seems creative.

Spidey: Definitely. He's been trying out a lot of things. TV is his best friend.

Cap raised a brow once a thought crossed his mind.

Cap: Does, does he have friends?

Spidey was about to answer but realized that you probably didn't.

Spidey: I don't think he's actually ever interacted with anyone his age.

They both looked at each other with worried expressions. Meanwhile you were cheering at the sight of your flaming blades.

Y/N: This is so cool!

You retracted your claws and pit out your flames. You moved back to the two Heroes with a wide smile.

Y/N: Can we test out this fire now?! I wanna see if I can shoot multiple fireballs at once. Maybe even make one big one.

Spidey looked to Cap who just laughed.

Cap: I kind of want to see this. Go ahead.

Y/N: Woo!

You rushed back to the middle of the room and waited for Spidey to activate the simulation.
----------
Testing for the day was now over and you washed up before returning to the living room. You turned on the TV and surfed around before you found an action movie. You then brought out your notebook which you have been using to wite down notes on moves. You watched how the characters used their surroundings as well as the way the used weapons and such.

Cap and Spidey were in the kitchen watching you with amusement.

Cap: He seems pretty serious about all of this but, this is definitely an interesting way to learn.

Spidey: The fact that he can read and write without ever going to school is pretty incredible.

Cap: How is that possible?

Spidey: He said something about some old guy teaching him.

You watched the man on the screen fight and wrote down the move he just did. You were also making quick drawings to help you visualize them. You just discovered a new power so it's time to use them. You looked at your hand and lit it on fire. You then lifted up your other hand and brought out your claws. This could be useful. Maybe you could make the flames strong enough to act as a shield of shorts? How long could you use your flames? Does the healing factor help with it?

Y/N: So many questions.

You wrote them all down and yawned. Maybe you should call it a day for now.

Y/N: I'm gonna hit the hey.

Spidey said goodnight while Cap praised your progress. You entered your room and looked around. Maybe you could get rid of the bed to make room for something else. You walked to the closet and opened the door before getting comfortable.

Spidey had asked why you slept in your closet when you had a nice bed. You couldn't explain it but it was actually nice to be in the small space. Something about it was so familiar and it was big enough for you to have enough room to lay down. You thought about somehow adding a light source in the small space but you decided to leave it be for now.

It was crazy to think that you lived here now. As someone who never had a consistent place to lay your head at night, it was weird that you could just get up and get some water at any moment. Everything had changed so much over the last few days. You didn't mind though. Your hand reached around before you felt the familiar fabric of your scarf.

Y/N: I'll be a Hero soon old man. That's a promise.