Battle Of The Champions Pt. 9

Announcer: Welcome to the Semi Finals!

The crowd cheered as Silvija entered the arena floor with a mic in hand. Standing on the arena was You, Shang-Chi, Gorgon, and now Foxtrot. The final four. Silvija stepped onto the platform and winked at you before turning to her people.

Silvija: I believe it goes without saying that this tournament will go down as one of the best in Symkaria history.

The crowd cheered in agreement.

Silvija: That being said, I would like to congratulate the final three fighters. Shang-Chi, Gorgon, and Y/N Creed.

The crowd once again cheered. Shang-Chi nudged you and gave a cheeky grin.

Shang-Chi: Maybe we'll be facing each other in this final round.

You smiled.

Y/N: Maybe. If we do, I won't be holding back.

Shang-Chi: I would be disappointed if you did.

Silvija: For the fourth finalist, on behalf of the Symkaria nation, we enlisted the help of the second in command of the Wild Pack. Ladies and Gentlemen, Foxtrot.

Foxtrot lifted his fist into the air making everyone cheer. Cocky bastard. While this was more of a platform for everyone else, you saw this has the final moment. One of these people was the assassin. You knew it wasn't Shang-Chi but Foxtrot was the second in command. From what you understood, he was practically royalty himself. That narrowed it down to Gorgon.

The swordsman was a member of the Hand after all. You had decided that it was him. As much as you would love to fight Shang-Chi again at full power, you knew that your job came first.

Silvija: This next round will determine the final two fighters. I wish them all luck and I pray that we see some amazing fights.
--------
You popped your knucles as you waited for your fight number. First or second. Either way, you're chance will be coming up soon.

Shang-Chi: So the chances of us fighting are slim yet still very possible. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

Y/N: I'm more restless than anything.

You suddenly got a headache. Another vision.

Shang-Chi: You ok?

Shang-Chi: You ok?

You nodded.

Y/N: One of my powers. I think it's me seeing into the future. People I'm going to meet.

Shang-Chi: Future allies?

You shrugged.

Y/N: So far it's only been girls.

Shang-Chi smiled.

Shang-Chi: Are they cute?

You punched his shoulder and the two of you were given your numbers.

Y/N: I'm first.

Shang-Chi: Damn. I'm second.

You sighed. So Shang-Chi wasn't your opponent it seems. Gorgon and Foxtrot looked at their numbers as well.

Gorgon: I will be first it seems.

So in the end, you got the one you suspected. That works well enough. After you both got your numbers, you all dispersed for your free hour. You decided to check in with Silvija and Widow even though you were sure that Nadia was with them. You had a job first and foremost.

Shang-Chi: Are you going to see the princess?

You nodded.

Shang-Chi: Would you mind if I tag along? I wanted to thank her for visiting me when I was recovering.

You didn't see any harm in it. As the two of you walked, you caught a glimpse of Foxtrot talking to some of the people in the stands. Just like the princess, he seemed to be loved by all.

It wasn't long before the two of you found your way in the royal booth where you found everyone, including the king. Shang-Chi immediately bowed at the king to show his respect.

Ernst: No need to bow to me young man. I saw your last fight. Quite impressive.

Shang-Chi: It's an honor your highness.

Y/N: Shang-Chi wanted to thank the princess.

Silvija: Thank me?

Shang-Chi: For looking over me when I was recovering.

Silvija smiled before nodding.

Silvija: It was my pleasure. You did put on an amazing show.

Shang-Chi smiled. He then nudged you.

Shang-Chi: If you don't end up with the princess, can I take a shot?

You rolled your eyes and looked around the room. Your eyes darted down when you got to Nadia. She felt a bit hurt but she understood why. Shang-Chi looked between the two of you and decided to try and make things lighter.

Shang-Chi: And who are these two?

You looked up to Widow.

Y/N: This is Natasha and, Nadia. My mentor and former teammate.

Shang-Chi: Why are you surrounded by beautiful women? I was around a bunch of old dudes for most of my life.

You shrugged. You wanted to say it was your charismatic attitude but, well, it wasn't.

Widow: You're a good fighter.

Nadia: I wish I could've seen it.

Shang-Chi: Maybe I can show you some of my moves later.

You couldn't help but glare at him.

Shang-Chi: I meant, at the ball. I kinda realized it sounded wrong after I already said it.

Nadia blushed slightly.

Nadia: The ball?

Silvija: The Royal Ball. Y/N here will be my partner. Shang-Chi was invited as well as the other fighters.

Shang-Chi: So maybe we could go together?

You felt a small sting somewhere inside. You decided to blame it on the Protocol.

Nadia: Uh, sure. I guess it could be fun.

Shang-Chi smiled.

Shang-Chi: Great! Now I have something to look forward to after the fight.

Y/N: All you need to do now is win and get your wish granted.

Shang-Chi: And you better give it your all you have yours granted.

You rubbed the back of your neck.

Y/N: About that...

Widow: You're going to drop out aren't you?

Shang-Chi looked at you shocked. Even Nadia and the king seemed surpised.

Ernst: And why is that?

Y/N: I joined to pick out the assassin. As soon as I defeat Gorgon, I'll drop out and leave it to Shang-Chi and Foxtrot. I can grant my own wish by going forward.

Shang-Chi looked down begore nodding.

Shang-Chi: Alright then. I look forward to your last fight.

You smiled.

Dane: That's not all though.

You all turned and saw Dane enter on a crutch. You smiled.

Y/N: Looks like everyone's here.

Dane: Indeed. Shall we discuss our plan now?

You nodded.