The Old Monster

You stood in the woods alone as you took a deep breath. You let it out and focused all your power on the rock before you. A bright white ball appeared before dissappearing. You sighed as you tried again. Still no luck.

Y/N: Shit.

Victor: And what are you doing out here?

You turned around and saw your father standing there. He's been oddly silent for the past few days after you signed the agreement with SHEILD. You knew he had a very rough reputation with them but he also knew that you were already set on being a Hero. You turned back to the rock.

Y/N: Just trying something new.

You were shirtless and using ice to cool yourself down on this oddly hot day. You had gotten the idea to try and use multiple powers in one powerful move. The fire will be the blast, ice with cut through everything, electricity to add a extra punch, and telepathy kept everything from expanding. You figured with enough force and concentration would make this a very powerful and deadly move.

Victor: This is where you've been all morning?

You nodded and tried again. You at least got the fire and ice down but telepathy was messing up. You let go and sighed.

Victor: You need to focus more. You're distracted.

Y/N: I know.

Victor was silent for a moment before sitting down.

Victor: Would you like to talk about it?

You looked at him to see if he was joking. He patted the open spot next to him. Looks like he was serious. You sat down.

Y/N: I'm nervous.

Victor: Nervous?

You nodded.

Victor: Would this have something to do with you seeing your old team if you go back to New York?

You nodded again.

Y/N: I haven't seen them in over half a year. I didn't even say anything before I left. I just, left.

Victor placed a hand on your shoulder.

Victor: I can understand how you feel. I once left a team a long time ago as well. Before the Strikers I was a part of the X-Men. I left after fighting with my ally. It wasn't for years until I found the Strikers.

You had to laugh a bit.

Y/N: Looks like if we need to get away we just need to join the Strikers.

Victor chuckled.

Victor: They became a family. I met your mom and fell in love. I was away on a mission when the attack happened. I never got to meet you. The Creator said it was for the best. I agreed because I had enemies. Powerful ones.

You never knew this about your father. It felt like the weight on your chest was slowly getting lighter.

Y/N: I know Fury said that he could cover for me but, I don't know. I feel like I just left them when they needed me. I know they're fine now but I don't think I'm ready to face them.

Victor: Because you don't think you're strong.

You looked at him. He simply nodded towards the rock. You stood up and walked over. You reached your hands out and took a deep breath. You spread your arms open and summoned fire, electricity, and ice. Before they could fall, you clapped your hands together and focused on the attack. You kept your mind clear while using your telepathy and held it together.

Tandy: You know what? You're stronger than you give yourself credit for.

You closed your eyes and smiled as you let go. You opened your eyes and grinned. The rock was completely gone, long with a large chunk of the ground underneath it. Victor walked over and patted your back.