Life in The Tower Pt. 3

After escaping from Marvel's storm of awkward and embarrassing questions, did that girl have any shame?, you moved on to the next room. Sam. The other boy on the team. Hopefully this was better. Nova opened the door and let you in. His room was a bit dirty with a few pieces of clothing laying around and a messy bed. Besides that it looked neat. The walls had some drawings hung up which were mostly signed by Ms Marvel. Why didn't you two just draw?!

Sam was wearing a black shirt with a pair of black workout shorts. You spotted a pair of dumbells in the corner of the room. On the desk was a small TV and a black box of some kind next to it.

Sam: First off, welcome to the team man! Glad to have another guys around here. Second off, sorry for Marvel. I heard you two next door. She's kinda obsessed with writing fanfictions.

Y/N: What's a fanfiction?

Sam placed a hand on your shoulder.

Sam: You're better off not knowing. You wanna play a game?

He walked over to the desk and picked up a controller. He tossed it to you and grabbed a second one. He turned on the TV and the console before sitting on the bed.

Y/N: What's this?

Sam raised a brow before his eyes grew wide and a smile appeared on his face.

Sam: Let me show you grasshopper. Take a seat and prepare to blast some aliens.

You sat down next to him as the title screen appeared. Sam clicked start and you were brought to a screen showing a man in his underwear.

Sam: This is when you make your character.

You looked at the controller and began to mess with it to get a feeling of the controls. You began to mess around in the customization until you were done.

Sam: He looks just like you.

The character on the screen had you same hair style and color. His eyes matched yours as well and even his build looked similar.

Sam: Alright, I'll help you out in the first few areas so you can get some good gear. After that we can mess around.

You followed the tutorial notes and began to play. Your character approach a alien looking enemy when a red bar appeared over them.

Sam: Alright, no need to rush this....

You quickly defeated the enemy and looted his body. Sam was amazed at how quickly you got a hang of things as you both progressed through the first five levels. You even beat the boss in one go.

Sam: This is amazing. How are you....

He looked at you and saw your eyes dart around the screen quickly. He tapped your shoulder and you snapped out of your daze.

Y/N: Woah. What just happened?

Sam: Uh, I'm not entirely sure. What were you doing?

You shook your head and looked at him.

Y/N: I don't know. I guess I just got so caught up in the game I forgot where I was for a second.

Sam placed a hand on your shoulder while looking at his lap. He then looked up at you with tears in his eyes.

Sam: You're a true gamer. Finally, someone on my level.

You cracked a smile and the teo of you returned to the game.
---------
Two more to go. You ended up in front of Viv's room and knocked. Suddenly you found yourself face to face with the android who had morphed through the door.