The Collector

Flying back to Knowhere was easier than flying to Asgard. This was in part of you mapping out the location of Asgard so the ship could just jump there instead of the long flight. You sat in the cockpit with the Guardians while Nadia and Valkyrie talked in the lounge about Odin.

Peter: Still can't believe that we have to find this stupid weapon. What the hell even is it?

Y/N: I have no idea. My guess would be something like Mjinor. A hammer or something.

Rocket: Whatever it is, I'm sure we can find it at Knowhere.

The ship landed in the port and everyone stepped out. You spotted Alex talking to an employee before he turned and saw you. He walked over and handed you a envelope.

Alex: <From Cosmo.>

He left without another word. You opened it and found credits inside. Must be from taking out the bandits. You pocketed the cash and turned back to the others.

Y/N: I'm going to head to the Collector now. Anyone want to come with?

Valkyrie: I'm going to hang back here. Met the guy once and I got to say, not a fan.

Peter: We'll go. I got some stuff I need to look for anyway.

Nadia: I want to meet this guy.

You nodded. Looks like the Guardians and Nadia are with you. You and Rocket led the way.
-----------
You reached the building where the Collector, lived? You all entered the shop and Nadia began to browse around with intrest while Peter looked for whatever it was he was looking for.

Collector: Ah! My favorite metal boy is back. How are you?

You felt those chills come back.

Y/N: I'm well. We're looking for something. Hope you have it.

The Collector smiled widely before he took a sip from his drink. He looked kver to Peter and frowned.

Collector: I see you brought, him.

You looked back at Quill who was still looking around.

Y/N: Yeah. His crew and I are working together for the time being.

The Collector sighed but turned back to you.

Collector: Very well. What can I help you with today?

You smiled.

Y/N: We're looking for a weapon. Asgardian.

The Collector tapped his chin in thought.

Collector: I may have what you are looking for. Stormchaser, Stormrider...ah! Stormbreaker!

You nodded.

Y/N: That's the one.

The Collector smiled.

Collector: Perfect. You can't have it.

Your smile faded as you heard footsteps approaching. Everyone turned around as men entered with guns aimed at all of you. You looked at their arms and saw the same logo as on the ships that attacked you.

Collector: You see, if it was just you then I would've traded it for some more of that metal. Since you brought these thieves here, well, I have a business to run.

You turned back to the Collector who was drinking his wine.

Y/N: And what's stopping me from killing you and taking it?

The Collector laughed.

Collector: I have your friends hostage. Look around.

He was right. You looked to Nadia who was visibly worried. It didn't matter if you had your powers, no one else did. You turned back to the Collector.

Y/N: Can't we work something out?! A deal? A trade? Something?

The Collector gave it some thought.

Collector: What could be worth a couple hundred slaves and an Asgardian weapon? Let me think let me think. Hmm.

He suddenly snapped his fingers.

Collector: My brother.

You raised a brow.

Y/N: You want me to look for your brother?

The Collector shook his head and laughed.

Collector: No no no. I know where he is. I want him dead.

Y/N: You want me to kill your brother?

Collector: Exactly! I want you to assassinate him.

You looked around the room. There really was no way around this. If you didn't agree then he'll have everyone shot. If you tried to fight, everyone would get shot. No matter what happens, everyone would get shot. You gave in.

Y/N: Fine. Where is he?

The Collector smiled.

Collector: He's on a planet known as Sakaar. The best way to get close to him is to be in his favor.

Y/N: And how do I do that?

Collector: By beating the champion of course. I trust that you can do that with your, abilities.

You gritted your teeth. So you have to win a few fights. Easy enough.

Y/N: Fine. Your brother will be killed and you'll let everyone go plus give me the Strombreaker.

Collector: Of course. A deal is a deal. Now hurry along. I don't like waiting.

You glared at him before turning back to Nadia.

Y/N: I'll be back soon.

Nadia nodded. She trusted you. She knew if anyone could do this, it's you. You kissed her cheek before heading out.
-----------
Valkyrie: There you are. Where's everyone else?

You walked past her and onto the ship.

Y/N: They're being held hostage by the Collector. We need to head to Sakaar and kill his brother.

Valkyrie shook her head.

Valkyrie: What? He wants us to kill the Grandmaster?

Y/N: If we don't, or if we take too long, he'll kill everyone.

You both sat in the cockpit as you entered the right coordinates.

Valkyrie: Well, be ready. Getting to the Grandmaster isn't a walk in the park.

Y/N: I know. The Collector said the best way to get to him is by beating the Champion.

Valkyrie gave a look of worry as the ship blasted off.

Valkyrie: Well, I guess we're going to Sakaar.

You nodded. Time to fight.