Declaration of War

You woke up feeling refreshed as someone shifted in the bed next to you. You smiled. You looked down at Nadia who was already looking up at you.

Y/N: Morning.

Nadia: Morning.

You kissed her head and pulled her tighter which earned you a cute sqeak from your, wife. Wow. That was weird to say.

Nadia: You're squeezing me.

Y/N: And you can't stop me.

You felt Nadia laugh against your chest before you loosened your grip on her. You kissed her tenderly before you sperated.

Y/N: I love you.

Nadia nuzzled closer to you.

Nadia: I love you to.

It was silent for a moment.

Nadia: Everyone is going to kill us when we go back.

Y/N: Absolutely.

You both shared a laugh. You slowly sat up and looked out at Asgard from your spot on the bed. This was your kingdom now. It took a while for the Asgardians to adjust to both a new king and queen along with the sudden group of former gladiators. Turns out, gladiators make for great soldiers. Warlock had joined up with the Guardians and they accepted him with open arms. Something about having a powerhouse on their side.

Nadia: What's on your mind love?

You smiled.

Y/N: It's just weird that, not too long ago I was living on the streets. I fought for everything just to survive. Now I'm a king, a Hero, and a husband.

You turned back to her and smiled wider.

Y/N: I'm glad that I met you. All of you. Everyone had changed my life for the better.

Nadia sat uo and allowed the blanket to fall from her as she wrapped her arms around you.

Nadia: And you deserve it all. You've done so much. You earned all of this.

You simply hugged her back. There was a knock at the door and Nadia quickly pulled up the blanket to cover her chest. You stood up and walked over to the door. You cracked it open and found one of the guards standing there.

Guard: Your highness, there is troubling news.

You nodded.

Y/N: I'll be down soon.

The guard bowed and left. You closed the door and quickly grabbed some clothing.

Nadia: What's wrong?

Y/N: No idea. I'm heading down now to see what's up.

Once you were dressed, you kissed Nadia one more time and headed out of the room. You made your way through the halls before you reached the throne room. Waiting for you was a small squadron of troops bowing. You sat down on the throne and addressed them.

Y/N: What's the news?

The leader stood up and held up an arrow. The tip was frozen solid.

Leader: Your highness, we found this while we were on patrol. We belive the frost giants left this behind as a message.

You took the arrow and looked it over. The frost giants. That's where Laufey is. He was your next blessing.

Y/N: I see. Where can I find the giants?

The man looked at you like you had gone mad.

Leader: By, by the Bifrost your highness.

Y/N: Cool! I'mma head that way right now.

Everyone watched in shock as you walked out of the palace. You made your way through the city, waving at everyone on your way, and made it to the rainbow Bridge. You smiled as you waved at the gladiators hanging around the ship, Quill had named it the Hasselhoff, and finally reached the golden dome where the gatekeeper was.

Y/N: Hey Heimdall.

Heimdall: You highness

Y/N: I'mma need you to send me over to the frost giants.

Heimdall: To Neiffleheim?

Y/N: Yeah, that place.

Heimdall: May I ask why?

Y/N: Frozen arrow, declaration if war, i need to kick their leader's ass.

Heimdall laughed as he activated the Bifrost.

Heimdall: Kick it well my king.

Y/N: Thanks bud.

The gate acitvated and you stepped in. You were greeted by a flash of light before you found yourself standing in a frozen wasteland. You watched as frost giants emerged from all of the cracks and corners of the area you were in.

???: Well well well. If it isn't the new king.

 If it isn't the new king

Y/N: You must be Laufey. Nice to meet you.

Laufey: Likewise. Congratulations on the wedding.

Y/N: Thanks. So what's up with the arrow?

Laufey stepped down from the frozen platform he was standing on and slowly walked towards you.

Laufey: It is a declaration of war.

You nodded.

Y/N: Figured. Why now?

Laufey: Odin is gone. Dead.

Y/N: I'm still here. And for the record, I'm technically the one that killed Odin. Just saying.

Laufey laughed.

Laufey: Yet you do not have the same power as Odin.

You shrugged.

Y/N: Don't need it. Look, I'm going to give you a week. If you still want to go to war, then we'll go to war. When it comes time, me and you will fight. After I beat you and get your blessing, the war ends.

Laufey growled and bent down so that the two of you were at eye level.

Laufey: Is this your challenge.

You smiled as you leaned foward.

Y/N: It's my promise.

You were teleported back to Asgard before you straightened our your clothes.

Hemdall: And the verdict?

Y/N: I'll kill him in a week. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go enjoy my honeymoon.

You turned away, and walked back to the palace.