The Story of The Android

Viv knew something was wrong a while back. About around the same time she and the others graduated from the Program and joined the Avengers. After getting smothered by her parents, and Felicia, and Cat, and Doreen, she head chosen to get some "fresh air" on the balcony. In truth she just needed to get away from everyone else. It hurt to admit it but, she thought about you.

She thought you should have been there along with Nadia. You were the one who changed everything so drastically and touched everyone in ways no one had done before. She missed you. Even after Widow and Richards had explained everything regarding the Celestials and your hunt for the power of the gods, she wished for you to walk through the door with the same smile she had grown to love.

That's when she heard it for the first time. It was a voice. A familar voice. She had turned towards her left and caught a glimpse of an outline. It was gone just as quick as it appeared. Almost like a minor glitch. She decided to work on it later after the party was over.

She didn't find anything in her systems.

It happened again about a month later. She was at the facility working on a new suit with Riri and Quentin when she heard someone outside. She looked out the window but saw nothing.

Riri: You ok V?

Viv turned to answer but saw something that actually made her freeze in place. It was you. You were sitting at one of the tables working on a piece of the suit. Riri looked back at the empty space and back at her. Even Quentin looked up from his work to see what was going on.

Riri: V?

Viv: I am fine.

She looked to her work before turning back. You were gone. That was just something that was odd to her. Maybe she needs to check her memory banks.

There wasn't another incident for a few more weeks until she was taking a walk around the facility. She had checked her memory banks and found nothing like she had seen. She decided to brush it off as a small glitch. As she turned the corner, she picked up on a scent. She scanned the area but found no traces of anything out of the ordinary in the air.

It smelt like cigarettes. She would write this off as Robbie smoking but he was away with Katie on one of their dates. By dates she means when Katie would bug Robbie to take her driving around the country side blasting music. At least they were happy.

Viv turned the corner and saw you again. You held a cigarette to your lips as you took a drag. She stepped forward and you reacted to the noise. You looked at her like you had been caught.

Y/N?: Shit. Busted.

You tossed the cigarette to the ground and stomped on it.

Y/N?: I know I said I would quit. No need to yell at me.

Viv: How is this possible?

You shrugged.

Y/N: Addiction just works like that. Wait, could you get addicted to something?

Viv: Not that. How are you here?

You laughed.

Y/N?: Well, Viv, when a man and a woman, or an android and a woman in your parent's case, love each other they...

Viv: You are gone. You had left to space with Nadia 7 months 3 weeks and 8 days ago.

Y/N?: Woah. Space. That would be cool to check out.

Viv was about to ask more questions but Eli walked around the corner. He looked at her confused.

Eli: Were you talking just now?