The Gladiator Pt. 1

Present Day

You woke up from your peaceful sleep and looked around the dark room.

???: About time you woke up.

You quickly stood up and pulled out your swords as you looked around to see who was talking.

???: Up here.

You looked up and saw someone unexpected.

Y/N: Miguel?!

Miguel jumped down from the roof and waved at you. He pulled off his mask and smiled.

Miguel: Hey Monster. I see you finally got to Skaar.

Y/N: Yeah. Wait, this was supposed to happen?

Miguel shrugged.

Miguel: Honestly, things are kinda out of wack. I had to watch half of the Avengers vanish from existence. You weren't supposed to leave so early.

You suddenly realized what that meant.

Y/N: So, I don't have so many grandkids?

Miguel shook his head.

Miguel: Venus, Mars, Arthur, and Jax are still around. The thing about it is that Jax isn't relates to you anymore. Also Arthur's last name is Creed now.

You sighed.

Y/N: Time travel sucks.

Miguel: Tell me about it.

You sat down and looked up at him.

Y/N: So what are you doing here?

Miguel: Making sure you don't mess up the timeline anymore. I'm here with Arthur and Venus. They should be meeting up with Valkyrie and Sam right now.

You nodded.

Miguel: We also didn't want to miss such a big moment in your history.

You raised a brow.

Y/N: A big moment? What's that?

Miguel: Spoilers. Just know that you need to beat the champion. Luckily for you, he's your first opponent.

You smiled.

Y/N: Really now? This should be fun.

Miguel just shrugged.

Miguel: Whatever you say old man. Good luck.

He waved before jumping back up on the roof and dissappearing into a vent. You heard the door open and turned ro see the guards walk in.

Looks like it's time to start.
--------
Sam: So, you guys are here to watch Y/N fight?

Arthur: I'm here to make sure my grandma is saved and I continue to exist.

Jax just nodded in agreement. Miguel emerged from the crowd and sat next to Sam and Valkyrie. Everyone was now covered by cloaks they had bought before they sat in the stands. Everyone began to cheer as the Grandmaster stepped out into view.

Grandmaster: Hello everyone! We have a very special fight for you all!

Everyone cheered even louder.

Valkyrie: So, how did you rig it so Y/N fights the champion?

Sam: I convinced the Grandmaster that Y/N was a shitty fighter and that the crowd could watch a bloodshed.

Everyone looked at him in shock. Sam just shrugged.

Grandmaster: Tonight, our Champion fights against a newcomer from the planet Earth!

The crowd went apeshit at the news that their champion would make an appearance.

Arthur: Barbadians.

Valkyrie: So how does this play out?

Jax shrugged.

Arthur: Grandpa refused to tell us about it. All we know is from you actually.

Sam: Me?

Arthur: Yeah. You are my uncle after all.

Sam tensed up at the title.

Sam: Uncle?! Does that mean...

Miguel: You marry Molly. Try to keep up dude.

Sam: So, do I get everyone's blessing?

Jax nodded. Sam actually smiled before he turned back to the arena.

Grandmaster: In this corner we have the Earthling himself. The Beast!

Your friends all looked confused.

Arthur: The Beast?

Sam: Huh.

The door opened and you emerged from the darkness. You looked around at the massive crowd and felt slightly nervous. You pulled on the helmet the guard gave you and you heard the low beep from the device on your neck. You pulled out your blades and stared at the doors across from you.

Sam: Who is his opponent?

Arthur: Uncle Adam.

Valkyrie/Sam: Uncle who?

Grandmaster: And now, the moment you've all been waiting for! Our Champion himself.

The doors opened and from the dakrness came a man. A very feral looking man who seemed to have lost him mind.

???: Tear them apart. Live to see another day. Tear them apart. Live to see another day.

Grandmaster: The Warlock!

Y/N: What the hell?------------Elsewhere, in a unknown place in the universe, a being opened his eyes at the sudden spike of power

Y/N: What the hell?
------------
Elsewhere, in a unknown place in the universe, a being opened his eyes at the sudden spike of power. This would not be a cause of concern normally. What worried him was the pure raw power between the two beings that were about to fight.

He turned towards the battle planet with great intrest.

???: It seems his story is about to get quite extreme. His first battle against a cosmic foe. I am truly looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

 I am truly looking forward to seeing how this plays out