Gwen's Music Pt. 2

The next thing on the list was going to a bookstore. Not something you would normally do, but you figured you could find something interesting as well. Gwen took you to a place she knew about in Brooklyn. It was actually a nice place that was hidden from the street. Retro style.

Venom: Ew. Reading.

You entered the shop and looked around. There were mostly selves covered in books from every genre. Gwen led you to a section which was labeled "Music". It was mostly comprised of artists' biographies or "how to play" books. Gwen began to browse through the selections and you suddenly got an idea. You looked around and found a older woman, most likely the store owner, and excused yourself. You walked over to the older woman who noticed you right away.

Bookstore Owner: Oh hello there. Are you and your girlfriend finding everything ok?

Girlfriend? Oh. She must mean Gwen. Well, she most likely mean Gwen since it was just the three of you in the shop.

Y/N: She's not my girlfriend. I was actually wondering if you had a section about martial arts or boxing or something?

The owner looked you up and down for a moment before smiling.

Bookstore Owner: Of course. Follow me.

She lead you towards the back of the shop where you found a small selection of books. You also noticed there was no label. You thanked the woman and began to look around. You actually found a few interesting looking books.

Gwen: Did you find anything?

You peeked over your shoulder to see that she was holding two books.

Y/N: Not yet. I figured I'd find a book for new moves or something.

Gwen: You really are dedicated to getting stronger, aren't you?

You nodded. If you were going to face Carnage again, you would need to be strong. Hopefully there was something here that could help.

???: Y/N?

You and Gwen looked down the aisle and found Quentin there with a computer bag around his should.

Y/N: Hey Quentin. What're you doing here?

Quentin walked over and showed you the book he was holding. "Special Effects of the 21st Century".

Quentin: T-this place h-has a great s-selection for film s-stuff.

Did it? That was interesting. Maybe you could check some of those out as well. Maybe Danny or Kalama would be interested in a place like this. You noticed Quentin looking at Gwen.

Y/N: Oh yeah. Quentin this is Gwen. Gwen this is Quentin.

Gwen: Hi there.

Quentin: H-hey. I think w-we have m-math together.

The two began to talk as you returned to browsing the shelf.  You finally found a book titled "Fighting Styles of Chinese Warriors". You pulled it out and looked it over. It detailed various styles of fighting throughout Chinese history. It seemed interesting enough.

Vemom: Thisss actually ssseemsss neat. Are you getting it?

You nodded. Looks like you found a good book. You turned back to the two other occupants of the store. Quentin checked the time and realized he was running late.

Quentin: I-I'll see y-you at school. L-Later.

He then left.

Venom: Goodbye you little dork.

Y/N: You like him.

Venom: He'ss growing on me.

Gwen: He seemed nice.
---------
Gwen ended up asking you to just follow her to the next place instead of telling you were you were going. You ended up following her to a dance hall.

Venom: Are you kidding me?

Y/N: I don't know how to dance.

Gwen happily walked in with you hesitantly following. She ended up dissappearing into the changing room and Venom helped you by changing into a set of workout clothes. You started to stretch a bit and looked around the studio. It was spacious and mirrors covered the walls. Gwen entered the room wearing a pink loose top and a pair of white leggings. She set down the boom box she brought and clicked play.

Gwen lifted her leg up on the railling and began to stretch. You mirrored her movements and felt your muscles really stretch which made you wonder how she was able to bend like that.

Venom: I bet sssshe can bend in other waysss to.

You rolled your eyes. Trust Venom to make things awkward.

Venom: Trusssst you to not take advantage of the fact that a lot of beautiful girlsss who like you.

Y/N: I have a girlfriend. If you really want me to have more than one, she has two personalities.

Venom: And you never take advantage of it.

Gwen: What are you two talking about?

Y/N: Nothing. So, what's going on here? Are we dancing?

Gwen nodded and moved to the center of the room. You followed and she held out a hand. You took it and she pulled you a bit closer.

Gwen: First, we're going to waltz. After that I'll show you how to dance ballet.

Y/N: Like, tutu ballerina ballet?

Gwen nodded. You were even less excited about this idea. Vemom even opted to sit this one out. Gwen began to lead you and you were quick to pick up what she was teaching. The two of you waltz for a bit and you managed to keep up.

Gwen: You're doing great.

Y/N: Thanks. This was easy enough to learn.

Gwen: I figured you'd get a hang of it. Dancing and fighting are actually really similar.

You raised a brow.

Gwen: In a dance, there are beats you have to hit in order to progress. In a duet you and your partner need to be coordinated or else everything falls apart. The same could be applied to fighting. It's what I use.

That would explain the dance shoes she wore with her costume.

Y/N: I think I get it. I mean, the Hell's Kitchen move I do is pretty much a break dancing move.

Gwen smiled.

Gwen: I use ballet during fighting to. It's swift and you have to be agile. You're both of those things.

You smiled back. Maybe you'll be ok after all.
--------
Y/N: I'm not ok at all.

You were laying on the floor covered in sweat while Gwen looked perfectly fine. Who knew ballet was so damn hard?