Godslayer Protocol

You sat patiently as Reed strapped you into the table. Widow and Seol stood on the side and watched along with Susan.

Reed: Once we start we can't stop. You have to be fully prepared for this.

You gave a quick nod. Widow grabbed your hand for comfort. You were scared for what was about to come. What kind of pain were you going to experience? This was nerve-racking.

Reed: Just relax the best you can. It'll only take about a minute for the entire thing to work. Ready.

Y/N: As I'll ever be.

Reed: Good. And here we go.

Widow backed up and you closed your eyes for the anticipation. Reed punched something into his computer and it started. He was right. You've never felt a pain like this before.

Y/N: Ah! Ah! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Your body began to jerk and tense up as the machine started to disable the Godslayer Protocol. Tears filled your eyes and you screamed louder than ever before. Your hands and legs stayed strapped to the table as you thrashed around in pain.

Y/N: AHHHHHHHH!

Reed: Hang in there kid!

Y/N: AHAHHHH!

You gritted your teeth to try and stop yourself but you found it fruitless to fight it. It felt like some had stabbed you with billions of needles all over your body as electricity flowed through them. Your ears began to ring so much that you thought they were going to burst. Your eyes snapped from placed to place but never closed.

Widow: You can do it! Just a bit longer.

The pain had somehow increased and you grabbed the table. The vibramium metal began to bend under your grip as you tried to relax your body the best you could. It was pointless. Reed looked at his computer and saw that it was almost over.

Reed: Almost there!

Y/N: AHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGHHHHH!

Finally, after what felt like an eternity of pain, it stopped. Your body hit the table and you struggled to catch your breath. Reed saw that it was all done as Widow and Seol rushed over to let you go. Once you were free, you turned over and threw up on the floor.

Reed: You did it. The Protocol is gone.

You picked yourself back up and looked around. The entire room was spinning now. Susan helped you sit down as Seol grabbed a bottle of water for you. You drank it all in one gulp before you caught your breath.

Widow: How do you feel?

Y/N: I honestly thought I was going to piss myself.

Reed: I'm surpised you didn't.

You wanted to laigh but it hurt to even smile right now. You looked uo at Widow and felt oddly different. You almost felt, lighter when you looked at her. You formed an opinion about her in your head. Your own thoughts about her. Your own feelings.

Y/N: Woah. That's weird.

Seol: What is?

Y/N: Just, looking at Widow I feel, I don't know. I feel more at ease. Like I didn't feel the need to go out of my way, to, make, her, like me.

You suddenly realized what this meant. You were free. You were finally free. You smiled, despite the pain, and felt twars in your eyes, not because of the pain, before you leaped up and hugged Widow.

Y/N: It worked. It fucking worked.

Widow hugged you back as the two of you shared a tender moment. Reed and Susan smiled. They heard an alert that someone had entered the hideout meaning Ben was back. Reed smiled even more.