Reed Richards Pt. 3

You sat down on the chair Richards offered you before he took his own. He looked at you and chuckled a bit.

Reed: Wow. You have grown up so much.

Y/N: Ben said you were monitoring me.

Reed nodded.

Reed: My partner kept an eye on you. You may have met him by now. Professor Marc Spector.

You shook your head. You didn't know anyone by that name. Reed seemed surpised.

Reed: I figured you would. He is your godfather.

You flinched. Moon Knight was a professor? How in the hell....

Reed: Regardless, it is good to see you doing so well. I'm also sorry that things ended up the way they did. You never deserved all the pain and heartache that you went through.

Y/N: It wasn't your fault...

Reed: I came up with the idea. If I had just thrown it away like I should've then.....

Y/N: There would be more evil in the world. It's because of these powers that I was able to defeat some powerful people.

Reed looked at you and smiled.

Reed: Still. You must have some things gou want to ask so, go ahead. I'll answer anything you want me to.

Where do you even begin? There was so much.

Y/N: Why, why did you come up with the project?

Reed smiled.

Reed: That's the million dollar question. I guess I should start at the beginning. Back when I was still, "normal", I went on an expedition into space where me and my colleagues entered a cosmic storm. That's how we got our powers. That storm did something else. It showed me of a great threat.

Y/N: A great threat? On the cosmic level?

Reed nodded.

Y/N: People from future said that I faced a threat to. What is it? What's so bad that even the Infinity Stones are involved?

Reed sighed.

Reed: It's more than just the stones. There is a man out there in the universe who is looking for all the stones. Once he gets them, the results will be catastrophic.

Y/N: Who is he?

Reed: His name is Thanos. The Mad Titan.

You looked down at your hands. You shook your head.

Y/N: Why is he so dangerous?

Reed: Thanos, with the help of the Infinity Stones, wants to erase half of all life in the universe.

Your eyes widened. That would be countless lives lost. Why would he do something like that.

Reed: I'm guessing you can understand why that would be an issue. Unfortunately, it's much worse than that.

Y/N: How could it possibly be worse?

Reed sighed.

Reed: The reason I came up with the idea of the Godslayer Project was to fight what was after. The Avengers would deal with Thanos while you, you would be the failsafe if they lost. Should Thanos succeed in his mission then he will awake a great force from long ago.

Y/N: A great force?

Reed: They are known as the Celestials. Beings created before the universe itself. If Thanos succeed then they would awaken and judge the universe. While half of us will be erased, the other half would be eradicated.