The Preparation

It has been a full week since broke Riri out of her prison and things had started to look up. Laura woke up finally and was slowly recovering while you and Cindy worked endlessly to help Riri come up with a plan. You still weren't certain about the odds of successfully beating the Emperor, but Riri had inspired hope among the group.

You looked up from your spot on the floor as the door opened. You found it was Riri and Cindy who had returned from the market. For the past few days, Riri had been working to gather up people willing to fight. So far she has had some luck.

Y/N: How's it looking out there?

Cindy: Better. It seems like the Emperor has been pulling back guards and the patrols aren't nearly as bad.

You would smile if you didn't know why. He was preparing an army. The final fight really was approaching.

Riri: How are you feeling?

You shrugged.

Y/N: As good as I can get.

You didn't know if you were ready to face the Emperor. He was leagues ahead of you in terms of power and had at least 15 years of experience behind him. If there was one constant part of the ever changing plan, it was you having to fight your future self.

Cindy tossed you and apple before taking a seat next to you. It was weird that you had gotten closer to her in this time than back in the present. She was your best friend's girlfriend yet you hardly had a chance to talk to her. You bit down on the juciy apple and closed your eyes. You were hiding out in some old abandoned warehouse without any of the tech your had in the former base.

Riri: I asked around the market and everyone said the same thing. The Emperor had called in his troops. He's ready for an attack. If there was any time to attack, it's now.

You looked up at her but she saw the bags under your eyes.

Riri: Are you sure you're ok? When was the last time you slept?

You shrugged. Things had become hard ever since you lost control and killed Katie. The sound of it echoed through your head. Between Vietnam and this, you weren't sure you'd ever sleep.

Y/N: I'll be fine. I'll get some rest before the plan. Do, do we even have a plan?

Riri nodded with a smirk.

Riri: And I think you might like it.

???: I hope you have enough information to have one.

You and Cindy stood up at the new voice. Everyone turned and saw Robbie walking through the door with his hands in his pockets. You ignited your hands while Riri picked up a nearby rifle. Robbie stopped and held up his hands.

Robbie: I come in peace. Oddly enough.

You looked into his eyes and realized he was telling the truth. You got rid of your flames.

Y/N: And why are you here?

The two girls looked at you surpsied.

Riri: He's here to kill us.

Robbie: I'm here to help.

And now everyone was surpised.

Cindy: Help us?

Robbie nodded.

Robbie: I've decided, I missed being a Hero.
--------
The Emperor stared out the window as he overlooked his city. To think that he used to live in these streets. Used to fight just to live to see another day. Struggled to stay warm. Those days were long behind him.