Hail Bones

It was the day after you found Molly when you and Felicia looked around what was left of the campsite. Molly led the way and you found what looked liked tents and a fire place, all of which were covered in snow. You got on all fours and began to sniff around. You dad may have taught you a few new tricks. You caught a scent and stood up.

Y/N: Did your friends wear leather?

Molly shook her head.

Molly: The men who attacked us might have.

Felicia poked around through the tents and only found a few clothing items. Some from girls and some from a guy. She handed you a few pieces of the clothing and you sniffed them.

Y/N: The scent's too dull for me. I can't find anything.

Felicia gave you a questioning look.

Felicia: But you can smell leather in the snow?

You shrugged.

Y/N: That just means it's.....fresh.

You suddenly realized that the scent was only a few hours old. You looked around and didn't find any traces of footprints anywhere.

Y/N: We should go back.
----------
After making it back to the cabin, Victor made lunch for everyone while you pondered your findings. Why would the attackers go back to the camp? Were they looking for Molly?

Felicia: What did these men look like?

Molly shrugged.

Molly: They attacked at night. I couldn't see anything.

A group of men were able to ambush a group of teenagers who had abilities or weapons. They didn't sounds like amateurs either.

Victor: Well I asked around town. No word on any military or police.

So mercenaries? Maybe they were SHEILD? No. Why would SHEILD kidnap a bunch of kids? Felicia was on the couch with Pancake on her lap.

Felicia: Do know of anyone who would want to capture you all?

Molly nodded.

Molly: You have no idea. None of them attacked us though.

Jesus. How many people wanted this kid? Pancake purred as Felicia petted him. Victor was looking at Molly with great interest.

Victor: I'm sorry but you look so familiar. Where did you say you were from?

Molly: L.A. Me and my friends have been on the move for the last two years.

You couldn't help but feel sympathy for them. You knew what it was like to fight to survive. The only difference was that you actually had a few people looking out for you without ever knowing.

Victor: I see. And these evil parents of yours, was their names Alice and Gene?

Molly seemed surpised. Victor got his answer.

Victor: So you're the little Mol I had met all those years ago.

You and Felicia looked at each other. Was there literally anyone your dad didn't know?

Molly: You knew my parents?

Victor nodded.

Victor: It was a long time ago. After the Strikers disbanded I found work doing unpleasant things. I came across your parents and their group.

Molly: The Pride.

Victor nodded. Welp. Looks like most of that mystery was gone now. Case closed. Pack it up.