Quentin Beck

While you were in Tokyo on a mission, a film buff and stutter bug was getting ready for his big moment. He had practiced none stop with his drones and he even managed to say everything without stuttering. Quentin looked at himself in the mirror and smiled at his outfit. A green shirt and a normal pair of jeans. He had to throw on his jacket since it was still cold outside. He looked at himself again and debated about rather or not the plum color went with the green shirt. He just shrugged.

Surely something as small as this wouldn't matter.

He grabbed his bag and headed out of his apartment. It had been empty since his father was now spending most of his time in the labs. He didn't mind though. He enjoyed the privacy. He locked the door just as his neighbor opened her apartment. She was an older woman named Betty. At least, Quentin thinks so.

Betty: Oh, you look nice.

Quentin: T-thank you. D-do you need h-help?

Betty shook her head and looked down at the fresh flowers she was holding. She grabbed one and held it out towards Quentin.

Betty: Here. You are meeting with that Pym girl right?

Quentin looked at the flower and gladly took it.

Quentin: T-thank you. I a-appreciate it.

Betty smiled sweetly before dissappearing into her apartment. Quentin tucked the flower away in his bag. Give her a flower, nice touch. He would have to make Betty some brownies for that one. Quentin began his descent down the stairs. He didn't want to use the elevator because he wanted as much exercise as he could get.

He emerged onto the streets and looked around for a moment. He checked the time on his phone. He had 15 minutes to get to the station which would take him to Nadia's. He had made this trip hundreds of times before. This time was different. This time he was finally going to confess his feelings to his best friend. No pressure.

He entered the subway and took a seat. He looked down at his phone. The lockscreen was of him and Nadia after she got first place in the 8th grade science fair. Quentin actually came in second. The two of them were smiling.
~~~~~~~
Nadia: Quentin! Quentin!

Quentin turned around just in time to catch Nadia who jumped on him. She threw her arms around him with a smile from ear to ear.

Nadia: I won! My experiment won!

She let go and showed him the big golden ribbon she was given. First place. Quentin expected nothing less.

Quentin: C-cool! I g-got second.

He held up his blue ribbon which made Nadia smile even more.

Nadia: You should have gotten first. I mean, you made a lazer.

Quentin: B-but you m-managed to s-solve an u-unsolvable theory. T-that should g-get you a n-nobel peace p-prize or something!

Nadia just smiled before taking out her phone. She held it up and pulled Quentin closer to her.

Nadia: Say cheese!

She snapped the photo.
~~~~~~~
Quentin still stands by his word that she deserved first place. He would never take that back. It was a good day for her which had become increasingly rare around that time. Her Bi-polar Disorder had caused her to lash out more and there had been a few times were Quentin was actually worried about she might do if she was alone. He did everything he could to help.
~~~~~~~
Quentin knocked on her door but got no response. She wasn't at school again and he had came by to give her the notes she missed. He tried knocking again.