The Restless Monster

It had been three days. Three god damn days since Hydra attacked and took your father. Three days and you have taken down two Hydra bases with no evidence of where your father could be. Things were only getting worse. You haven't slept since Hydra attacked and everyone seemed slightly worried. Victor had taken all of you under his wing so it hit everyone hard.

Felicia: Are you coming to bed?

She was wearing one of your shirts in the doorway while you looked over every little thing you had took from the recent raid.

Y/N: Later.

Felicia: Is later tomorrow? I haven't slept in the same bed as you in days. I know this is hard on you but....

Y/N: I said I'll be there later.

She was taken aback. You had never snapped at her before. She grabbed the bottom of the shirt before sighing.

Felicia: Ok then.

She turned away and walked back to your bedroom. You shook your head and read over the same file for the 5th time. By this point you had given up on tying your hair up and bags began to form under your eyes.
--------
Robbie: You sure you don't want to call it?

The two of your were sparing when you tripped over yourself. It was now day five without sleep. Pretty sure you should actually be dead by now but hey. Healing factor. You stood back up and shook your head.

Y/N: Not happening.

You readied yourself and Robbie just sighed.

Robbie: Dude, I don't want to hurt you.

Y/N: I'm practically a God in everything but name. You can't hurt me.

Robbie just sighed and punched you in the face. You fell back as your nose began to bleed.

Robbie: Yeah. Some God.

You just sighed.

Y/N: Whatever.

You sat up and Robbie took a seat next to you.

Robbie: You need to sleep dude. Everyone is worried about you. Felicia is especially worried.

Y/N: They don't need to worry about me. I'm fine.

Robbie: You're bleeding from your nose and you haven't slept in a week. You're not ok.

You just sighed.

Y/N: I'm fine.

Robbie just shook his head and stood up. He headed towards the house.

Robbie: If you don't want help then so be it. Adios.

You just watched him walk away.
---------
You were standing in the river trying to focus. Everytime you would close your eyes you would end up drifting off. You would always catch yourself before you fell into the water. You haven't caught a thing and it's been 2 hours. You gave up and walked out of the river and got dressed. You sat on the rock without putting on a shirt.

You buried your face in your hands. You were beyond tired and you couldn't concentrate. You rubbed your face before looking around. It didn't seem so peaceful anymore.

Y/N: Shit.

Felicia: You look rough.

You looked up and saw her standing there. She had a look of concern on her face. You couldn't disagree with her. She walked over and stood before you.

Felicia: You need to sleep.

Y/N: I'm fine.

She wasn't convinced.

Felicia: You're not. Sweetie you haven't taken a break since Hydra took your father. Your eyes have bags, you're stumbling everywhere, your voice is hoarse, and you haven't eaten a full meal in days.

You just sighed.

Y/N: I know. Everything is fine Felicia.

Felicia began to play with her hands. Suddenly she stopped. You looked up.

Cat: Hey, stop being a dick. The poor girl is worried.

You just rolled your eyes. You stood up and grabbed your shirt.

Y/N: I'm fine. Nothing to worry about.

Cat: Say you're fine one more time and I swear to God I will pop your bike tire.

You pulled your shirt on and walked past her. She uncrossed her arms.

Cat: Really? You're just going to ignore me now?

You didn't answer. She walked to catch up to you but saw you weren't stopping. She sped up and stopped in front of you.

Cat: Seriously?!

Y/N: I said I'm fine Cat! Leave it alone!

Cat: Being fine isn't looking like a damn zombie!

Y/N: It doesn't even matter!

Cat: It does to us! Stop being an idiot and go to bed!

You threw your hands in the arm and pushed past her. Cat followed and grabbed your arm. You turned back around.

Cat: Don't you walk away! I know Hydra taking Victor is hard on you. It's hard on all of us to. So pull the stick out of your ass and go to bed so we can all be on top of our game when we find him.

Y/N: You think you know how I feel? Do you really think you know how I feel after loosing my only family?!

Cat: I LOST MINE TO YOU ASSHOLE!

She walked past you, hitting your shlulder on the way, and left back to the house. You sighed and covered your face. You just said that. You really claimed that she didn't know how you felt after her father was arrested and her mother committed suicide. You leaned against a nearby tree before sliding down it.
----------
It was now night time. You spent the last few hours staring off into space as you thought about the things you said. You felt like a dick. A huge, unredeemable dick. How could you say those things? Everyone was right. You needed to rest. Something to take your mind off of things. You needed to apologize first and foremost.

You started to head to the cabin when you heard someone walking behind you. You turned around and found nothing. You turned back around and kept walking. You heard someone walking behind you again. There was no one there.

Y/N: What the hell?

You turned back around and found someone standing there.

???: Hello there.

You stared at him for a moment.

Y/N: Who the hell are you?

???: You're gonna have to wait for the next chapter on that one. Although I'm pretty sure people will know just by reading this.

Y/N: What?