From The Basics Pt. 1

You breathed heavily as you laid in the freezing snow. Widow looked down at you in disappointment.

Widow: That's all you got?

You sighed. You pushed yourself back up and looked down at your hands.

Widow: Why aren't you using your powers against me? I never said you couldn't.

You just rolled your eyes and tired to attack again. She grabbed your wrist and flung you away causing you to land in the snow again. You pushed yourself up but Widow just sighed.

Widow: This is just sad Y/N. You're better than this. You know you won't see anyone until you're back to normal.

Y/N: Not like it matters.

You stood up.

Y/N: It's not like they were actually.....

You were quickly shut up by a hard hit to the jaw that sent you falling back to the ground.

Widow: Quit with that mindset. They miss you. You want your own emotions right? Then act like it.

She turned away and walked back to the house. You just laid there.

Time left before Godslayer Protocol: 2 months and 14 days.
-----------
You took a deep breath before you dived back under the freezing water. You grabbed onto the heavy rock and contiued walking. You slowly made more progress across the freezing lake. Widow watched from the bank as you kept pushing on.

Y/N: I will beat this Protocol. I will find Reed Richards. I will beat this.

You dropped the rock once you got to the next hole in the ice. You swam up and took a deep breath before diving back down. Widow almost smiled as she watched your progress. You weren't thinking about the false emotions anymore. At least, if you were, you didn't talk about them. You just gritted your teeth and did as she told.

It wasn't long before you were in the forest shadow boxing with the tree you found on your morning jog. The objective was to not hit the tree but simulate a fight. Hit after hit always stopped before your hand hit the bark. You began to circle around the tree as Widow watched.

Widow: Looks like that tree just isn't doing it.

You stopped and looked at her.

Y/N: What do you mean?

Widow: I'm taking you somewhere you can really get better.
---------
You spat out some blood before you grinned. Your teeth were coated with blood as you also bled from the cut above your eye. You pushed off the wooden ring and slammed your wrapped fist into your opponent's jaw.

Widow smiled as she watched you hold your own against the Russian Bear. The champion of the underground fighting ring she knew about. You were still only relying on what skill you had but you were doing great. You blocked a hit from the bigger man and delivered an uppercut. The fight was over when the man fell back unconscious. You raised a fist in the air as you laughed.

Y/N: I did it bitch!

Widow smiled as she was handed a wad of cash.

Widow: Atta boy.

Time left before Godslayer Protocol: 2 months and 10 days.
---------
You focused on meditating as the world around you was silent. You opened your eyes and found the world around you had came at a stand still. You used some techniques Danny and Strange had taught you to focus on opening your third eye. Your mind's eye. You wanted to see what was really going on in there. You looked at the area around you and found it empty. Blank.

No one was there.

You broke your focus as the world resumed. You shook your head. You really didn't have any connections anymore. You hopped off the rock and walked over to the tree that had become your best friend. You took up a fighting stance and began to jab at it. It was something to take you mind off of things.

You decided to try something different and ignited your hands. You went back to shadow boxing but stopped. Widow was out and you had time to do whatever. Maybe you could use this as a self teaching moment.
--------
Widow stepped out of the car with a paper bag filled with groceries. She began to walk into the house before she heard what sounded like a flame thrower. She looked around and saw that it was coming from the woods. She went to investigate and found something amazing.

You pushed off your hands and began to spin around while surrounding yourself with flames. You landed on your hands again. You repeated the action but added electricity to the mix. You waited until you were high enough before focusing the energy into a massive blast Widow took cover behind a tree as the flames and electricity expanded over the area. You landed on your feet and caught your breath.

You covered your arms in ice and stood up before pointing them out. You used your flames to launch the ice off of you, making ice rockets. The slammed against a rock causing it to crack. You began to bounce on your feet as you recalled fighting techniques you had learned from the book you bought all that time ago with Gwen. Every punch and kick had an extra boost of fire, ice, or electricity behind it.

Widow smiled.

Time left before Godslayer Protocol: 2 months and 7 days.
---------
Y/N: A mission?

Widow nodded as she slid the file over to you. You picked it up and read it over.

Y/N: Uh, am I ready this right or are you fucking with me?

Widow: You read it right and this isn't a joke. We're going to Symkaria. Get your things ready.

Y/N: No no, that's not what I was talking about. I have to escort a princess?

Widow nodded.

Widow: This should be an easy job for you. She can handle herself pretty well. You just have to pose as a bodyguard.

You sighed.

Y/N: I really hope she isn't fucking spoiled.